Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA
|"Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA"|
|Single by Basshunter|
|from the album LOL <(^^,)>|
|Released||3 October 2006|
|Genre||Trance, EDM, techno, eurodance|
|Length||3:21 (single version)
7:45 (extended version)
2:57 (new single version)
|Writer(s)||David Le Roy, Jean-Christophe Belval|
|Basshunter singles chronology|
"Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA" (English "We're sitting in Ventrilo, playing DotA" and in some countries shortened to "DotA") is a song by Swedish dance DJ Basshunter which samples in a remixed version the French song "Daddy DJ" by Daddy DJ. The lyrics, in Swedish, are about using the voice chat program Ventrilo while playing the Warcraft III Custom Map Defense of the Ancients. The song incorporates samples from the game. It was released as the second single from Basshunter's first album LOL <(^^,)>.
The video starts out with Basshunter's mother (who is actually his mother in real life) opening a door where it reveals that he and his friends are playing DotA. She tells him that he's playing too much DotA when he starts singing. The video continues showing him playing DotA and later singing at a gamehall live. The clip was not shot during DreamHack, as many believe, but during a similar event called The Gathering, one of the world's largest LAN party events. One of the listeners holds a sign saying "Vadå båt?" (Whaddaya mean boat?) - referring to some listeners' initial confusion of the Swedish lyrics in Boten Anna, mistaking the word "boten" (the bot) for "båten" (the boat) - as well as a man holding up a sign that says "'Asshunter". He can also be seen playing as the hero Tiny, where he purchases an item, Butterfly. This could explain the wrong translation in the German version of Boten Anna where "Boot" (boat) is sung instead of "Bot" (bot). Another approach is that the person holding the sign is German and wanted to point out the mistake, so Basshunter simply recorded this as a kind of self-parody.
The new video starts with him sitting in a chair, then flipping up a screen on his chair, then selects a video from a little menu floating in the air. Then the videos from there shows more people playing DotA, and several shots of a young woman dancing. The tune to the new video is actually DotA [Radio remix].
Track listings and formats
- Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA [Single Version] - 3:21
- Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA [Club Mix] - 5:43
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||18|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||2|
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||30|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||9|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||54|
An English version of the song called "All I Ever Wanted" was released as the second UK single on 7 July 2008. The second single was originally planned to be "Please Don't Go" but due to some technical issues the single was scrapped in the UK and only released in Sweden.
- "Basshunter – Vi sitter i ventrilo och spelar dota – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Danishcharts.com – Basshunter – Vi sitter i ventrilo och spelar dota". Tracklisten.
- "Basshunter: Vi sitter i ventrilo och spelar dota" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Basshunter search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Basshunter – Vi sitter i ventrilo och spelar dota". VG-lista.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200725 into search.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Basshunter – Vi sitter i ventrilo och spelar dota". Singles Top 60.
|This 2000s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|