Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in 2007
|Occupation||Group Chairman of King Power
Group Chairman of Leicester City F.C.
|Net worth||US$2.5 billion (April 2015)|
Early life & Career
Srivaddhanaprabha was born into a Thai Chinese family. He is the founder and CEO of King Power Duty Free, an operator of duty-free shops. In December 2009, King Power received the royal warrant from the King of Thailand in a ceremony attended by Raksriaksorn. He is ranked by Forbes magazine as the 11th richest man in Thailand.
On 10 February 2011, he was named chairman of Leicester City while continuing as owner. His son, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, is vice-chairman.
In his spare time he is an avid polo player and owns the VR Polo Club in Bangkok. Vichai was also the president of Ham Polo Club in London between 2008 and 2012. Thailand Polo Association was founded by Mr Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in August 1998, and was given national status as the Thailand Polo association in January 2004.
He is married and has four children.
In February 2013 the family name Srivaddhanaprabha was bestowed on Vichai and his family by the King of Thailand. "It is our family’s greatest honour to receive this royally granted surname", Vichai said. "The name 'Srivaddhanaprabha' conveys positive attributes to the industry and brings prosperity to our family. We have now officially changed our surname since it was published in the Royal Gazette in late 2012", Vichai said after formally announcing the change.
- work=Forbes "Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha". Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Sandy Macaskill (12-08-2010). "Leicester announce takeover details". The Telegraph. Check date values in:
- Watcharapong Thongrung (03-12-2009). "King Power banks on stable politics". The Nation (Bangkok). Check date values in:
- Graham Hill (07-08-2010). "Foxes make the Vich list". The Sun. Check date values in:
- Vichai Raksriaksorn Named As Chairman, LCFC.com, 10 Feb 2011
Media related to Vichai Raksriaksorn at Wikimedia Commons