Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at the 2007 Laureus day at Ham Polo Club
|Occupation||Chairman of Leicester City
Chairman & CEO of King Power
|Net worth||US$1.6 billion (2013)|
Srivaddhanaprabha was born into a Thai Chinese family. He is ranked by Forbes Magazine as the 11th richest man in Thailand. He is the founder and CEO of King Power Duty Free, an operator of duty-free shops. In December 2009, King Power received the royal warrant from the King of Thailand in a ceremony attended by Raksriaksorn.
In February 2013 the family name Srivaddhanaprabha was bestowed on Vichai and his family by the King of Thailand. "It is our family’s greatest honour to receive this royally granted surname", Vichai said. "The name 'Srivaddhanaprabha' conveys positive attributes to the industry and brings prosperity to our family. We have now officially changed our surname since it was published in the Royal Gazette in late 2012", Vichai said after formally announcing the change.
He is married and has four children.
On 10 February 2011, he was named chairman of Leicester City while continuing as owner. His son, Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn, is vice-chairman.
- Suzanne Nam (07-03-2013). newspaper=Forbes "Thailand's 40 Richest: #35 Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha".
- Sandy Macaskill (12-08-2010). "Leicester announce takeover details". The Telegraph.
- Watcharapong Thongrung (03-12-2009). "King Power banks on stable politics". The Nation (Bangkok).
- Graham Hill (07-08-2010). "Foxes make the Vich list". The Sun.
- Vichai Raksriaksorn Named As Chairman, LCFC.com, 10 Feb 2011
Media related to Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Wikimedia Commons