|Minister for Environment of Queensland|
22 June 2011 – 26 March 2012
|Preceded by||Kate Jones|
|Succeeded by||Andrew Powell|
|Member of the Queensland Parliament
9 September 2006 – 24 March 2012
|Preceded by||Gordon Nuttall|
|Succeeded by||Kerry Millard|
29 November 1966 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Political party||Australian Labor Party|
She was appointed as Minister for the Environment, Resource Management and Climate Change on 22 June 2011, after Kate Jones resigned from cabinet to defend her seat of Ashgrove against Liberal National Party (LNP) leader Campbell Newman. Darling lost her seat in the LNP landslide at the 2012 state election.
Her mother, Elaine Darling, the first female member of the Australian House of Representatives from Queensland, was a Labor MP for Lilley from 1980 until 1993. Her grandfather, Jack Melloy, was a Labor Queensland state MP for Nudgee from 1960 to 1977.
- Members of the Queensland Legislative Assembly, 2006–2009
- Members of the Queensland Legislative Assembly, 2009–2012
- "2009 State General Election – Sandgate – District Summary". Electoral Commission Queensland.
- "Member biography: Vicky Darling". Queensland Parliamentary Library. Retrieved 27 May 2009.
- "Labor drops a bomber". Courier Mail. 10 September 2006.
- Mike Crook (2 August 2009). "Gordon Nuttall: tip of the corruption iceberg". Green Left Online.
- "Nuttall jailed for 7 years". ABC News. 17 July 2009.
- "Gordon Nuttall sentenced to seven years' jail". Courier Mail. 17 July 2009.
- "Maiden Speech of Vicky Darling" (pdf). Queensland Parliamentary Library. 11 October 2006.
- Official website
- Queensland Parliament's Member Biography, "Vicky Darling".
- 2006 State General Election Results – Sandgate.
- 2009 State General Election Results – Sandgate.
|Minister for Environment
|Parliament of Queensland|
|Member for Sandgate