Victor Bailey (musician)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007)|
March 27, 1960 |
|Genres||Jazz, jazz fusion, pop|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, double bass, keyboards, vocals|
|Associated acts||Weather Report|
|Fender Victor Bailey signature|
Victor Bailey (born March 27, 1960 in Philadelphia) is an American bass guitar player. He was the bass player for Weather Report during their final years from 1982 to 1986, and launched a solo career in 1988.
Bailey has recorded and/or toured with Omar Hakim, Sonny Rollins, Miriam Makeba, Larry Coryell, Lenny White, Mike Stern, Dennis Chambers, Poogie Bell, Weather Report, Michael Brecker, LL Cool J, Kenny Garrett, Jim Beard, David Gilmore, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Mary J. Blige, Steps Ahead, Sting, Hamiet Bluiet, Olu Dara, Don Alias, Sadao Watanabe, Michael Urbaniak, Ursula Dudziak, Roy Haynes, Tom Browne, Bobby Broom, Kenny Kirkland, Bernard Wright, Don Blackman, Rene McClean, Kevin Eubanks, Tommy Campbell, Kenwood Dennard, Delmar Brown, Najee, Bennie Maupin, Patrice Rushen, Rayford Griffin and Nick Smith,[disambiguation needed] Scott Peaker, and David Fiuczynski among others.
Fender has released a Victor Bailey Signature acoustic bass guitar, as well as the Victor Bailey Jazz Bass (Artist series), available in 4, 5-string, fretted and fretless versions. Bailey also uses Markbass amplifiers. 
- Bottom's Up, 1989
- Petite Blonde, 1992 (live album, collaboration with Dennis Chambers, Mitch Forman, Chuck Loeb, and Bill Evans)
- Low Blow, 1999
- That's Right!, 2001
- Electric, 2005 (with Larry Coryell and Lenny White)
- Traffic, 2006 (with Larry Coryell and Lenny White)
- Slippin' 'n' Trippin', 2010
- "CBW: LARRY CORYELL/VICTOR BAILEY/LENNY WHITE "Traffic" Chesky - washingtonpost.com". www.washingtonpost.com. February 9, 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
- "Gear and equipment". Victor Bailey. Retrieved 09 Jul 2014.
- "Artist's choice". Markbass. Retrieved 09 Jul 2014.