|Born||25 October 1924
|Died||25 October 1985
Among these were:
- First generation
- R-11FM - the first Soviet SLBM.
- R-13 -
- R-17 - known by NATO as Scud-B
- R-21 (SS-N-5 "Sark") - the first Soviet rocket with underwater launch (1963)
- Second generation
- R-27 - the first rocket with factory fuelling (1968)
- R-29 - the world first intercontinental SLBM (1974)
- Third generation
- R-29R - the first intercontinental SLBM with MRV (1977)
- R-39 - the first intercontinental SLBM with MIRV (1983)
- R-29RM - a complex rocket of very high technical perfection
The domestic school of sea rocket production, founded and headed by Makeyev, has reached world excellence in a number of tactical and operational characteristics of rockets, control systems, starting systems. The key areas of expertise are:
- accommodation of engines inside tanks of fuel or oxidizer
- maximizing fuel capacitance of rocket shell
- successful use of astrocorrection in ballistic missiles
- use of zone amortization using elastomer materials
- ampulized fuel tanks factory refuelling
Under his management the unique laboratory/experimental base provided complex ground working for rockets.
In 1991, the State Rocket Center Makeyev Rocket Design Bureau was named after him. Also named in honour of Makeyev are an avenue in Miass, a street in Kolomna, and a vessel of the Northern fleet. Makeyev's bust is displayed in Miass and Kolomna.
Grants in his name were established in several universities. The Federation of Astronautics of the country has founded a medal. The academician of the Century of Item of V. Makeyev. Makeyev was the author of 32 basic inventions, and published more than 200 printed works including monographs.
- 1959 - Winner of the Order of Lenin
- 1961 - Hero of Socialist Labor (the highest civilian award)
- 1965 - Awarded Dr.Sci.Tech.
- 1968 - Academician, a member of the USSR Academy of Sciences
- 1968 - Winner of the Hero of the Soviet Union
- 1974 - Hero of Socialist Labor (the highest civilian award)
- 1978 - Winner of the Hero of the Soviet Union
- 1983 - Winner of the Hero of the Soviet Union