|Born||14 May 1949|
|Education||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
MIT Sloan School of Management
|Relatives||Ivan Menezes (brother)|
Victor J. Menezes (born 14 May 1949) is an engineer and banker.
In 1972, he joined Citicorp in Corporate Banking. Later, he was posted in "practically every continent" – as one bio-sketch put it. Displaying exemplary banking skills throughout, he rose to the post of Chief Financial Officer in 1995. He retired from Citigroup as Senior Vice Chairman after a 32-year global career there. Currently he Chairs the Advisory Board for Citi India. Victor Menezes is Senior Advisor of New Silk Route, an international private equity firm. Mr. Menezes Chairs the American India Foundation, is a Vice Chairman of the Asia Society and of Catholic Charities in New York. He chairs the Executive Committee of the Eisenhower Fellowships. He is a board member of Educational Testing Service and the MIT Corporation and is on the advisory boards of IIT, Indian School of Business (ISB), MIT Sloan and INSEAD. He also has a convention centre named after him at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay known as the Victor Menezes Convention Centre (VMCC) which was inaugurated by Mr. Kapil Sibal on January 8, 2011.
Menezes was the Chairman of the Clearing House Association; serves as a trustee of the Asia Society, the Eisenhower Fellowships and the American India Foundation. He was recently named Chairman of the Board of Governors of the National Center for Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC). Menezes has been Senior Vice Chairman of Citigroup and was a member of Citigroup’s Management Committee and Business Heads Committee. A 2003 profile of Menezes, by the IIT Bombay Alumni Association of Greater New York, notes that he has earlier been Chairman and CEO of Citibank and headed Citigroup’s Emerging Markets business. Today, the IIT Bombay calls Menezes its "product" who reached the highest levels of banking and finance. IIT Bombay has a convention center named after him.
- "IIT-Bombay gets $3 million gift". Hindustan Times. 5 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Global Banker". Business India, Issues 687-693 (A.H. Advani). 2004. pp. 121–. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "Indian to head world’s top liquor co". Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- Weill, Sandy; Kraushaar, Judah S. (2006-10-09). The real deal: my life in business and philanthropy. Hachette Digital, Inc. pp. 225–. ISBN 978-0-446-57814-1. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- The best 143 business schools. The Princeton Review. 2004-09-21. pp. 390–. ISBN 978-0-375-76418-9. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- Primack, Dan (March 1, 2011). "Alleged inside trader is more than a "consultant" and ex-Goldman director". CNN Money. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- Kamdar, Mira (2007). Planet India: how the fastest-growing democracy is transforming America and the world. Simon and Schuster. pp. 24–. ISBN 978-0-7432-9685-4. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- Society, Asia (2006). A passion for Asia: the Rockefeller legacy: a publication in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Asia Society. Hudson Hills. pp. 224–. ISBN 978-0-87848-103-3. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "Catholic Charities NY: Board of Trustees". Catholic Charities. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE, INC.". Arizona Corporation Commission. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "Alumnus gifts $3m to IIT-B to set up convention centre". Indiatimes. January 5, 2011. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "The Clearing House elects Wachovia CEO as chairman of board of directors". Finextra. April 7, 2004. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "VICTOR MENEZES CONVENTION CENTRE AT IIT BOMBAY INAUGURATED BY HRD MINISTER".