Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is an annual fashion show sponsored by and featuring Victoria's Secret, a brand of lingerie and sleepwear. Victoria's Secret uses the show to promote and market its goods in high-profile settings. The show features some of the world's leading fashion models such as current Victoria's Secret Angels Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Elsa Hosk, Behati Prinsloo, Candice Swanepoel, and Lily Aldridge.
American network television broadcasts the show during prime time. The first few shows in the 1990s were held in the days preceding Valentine's Day to promote the brand for this holiday. They were not aired on national television. In 1999 and 2000 the show was webcast. Beginning in 2001, the shows were moved ahead of the Christmas holiday season. Also in 2001, the show made its network television broadcast on ABC, though in all subsequent years, it has been broadcast on CBS. The show has been held at a variety of locations in different cities including Miami, Los Angeles, and Cannes. The first four shows were held at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, but since it has become a televised event it has most often been held at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York City.
The show is a lavish event with elaborate costumed lingerie, varying music by leading entertainers, and set design according to the different themes running within the show. The show attracts hundreds of celebrities and entertainers, with special performers and acts every year. Each year, twenty to forty of the world's top fashion models are selected to perform in the fashion show. In a typical year, this includes about a half dozen women under contract to the company, known as Victoria's Secret Angels, who help publicize the event. The giant angel wings worn by the models, as well as other wings of various forms and sizes such as butterfly, peacock, or devil wings, have become emblematic of the Victoria's Secret brand.
The first fashion show extravaganza, introduced by Stephanie Seymour, was held at the Plaza Hotel in New York City in August 1995. The show also featured Beverly Peele and Frederique van der Wal. This first fashion show occurred two months before The Limited, parent company of Victoria's Secret owner Intimate Brands, sold an initial public offering of a 16 percent stake in the company and almost had Seymour make an appearance at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) for the opening bell. She actually did ring the closing bell at the NYSE as part of the publicity campaign. The subsequent three annual shows were also held at the Plaza.
In 1999, during Super Bowl XXXIII, Victoria's Secret announced a 72-hour countdown to the Internet webcast of the Victoria's Secret fashion show, which resulted in over 2 million internet viewers of the show. Parent company Intimate Brands bought a $1.5 million ($2.1 million today) 30-second television advertisement during the Super Bowl broadcast and spent an additional $4 million ($5.7 million) for subsequent international newspaper advertisements to publicize the event. The show, which was aired by Broadcast.com, featured Tyra Banks, Laetitia Casta, Heidi Klum, Karen Mulder, Daniela Pestova, Inés Rivero, and Seymour. In 1999 and 2000, the show was broadcast live on the internet, but the 2000 show was moved for a year from the usual February event at the Plaza to a May event in concert with the Cannes Film Festival in France to raise money for the Cinema Against AIDS charity; it raised $3.5 million.
In 2001, the show, which was hosted by Rupert Everett, returned to the New York City but at Bryant Park instead of the Plaza. That year, the show made its broadcast debut on ABC, drawing millions of viewers as well as some middle-brow controversy; the Federal Communications Commission received many complaints about the broadcast every year. The show has continued to be broadcast on network television every year since.
From 2002 through 2005, it was held at the Lexington Avenue Armory in New York City. The 2004 show was canceled due to a widespread crackdown on perceived indecency in broadcasting stemming from the Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show controversy, in which Jackson encountered a breast-revealing "wardrobe malfunction". Before the 2005 show, Banks announced her retirement from modeling and embarkation on a television career with The Tyra Banks Show, making the 2005 show a farewell to her decade of fashion shows for the company.
In 2004, instead of the annual fashion show, the Angels (Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bündchen, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio) did an Angels Across America Tour, a grassroots campaign for the brand visiting four major cities: New York City, Miami, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.
The 2006 and 2007 shows were held at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles. On November 13, 2007, the Victoria's Secret Angels were honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame right outside the Kodak Theatre. The 2007 Angels honored in this celebration to mark Victoria's Secret's 25th anniversary on Hollywood Boulevard were Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova, Selita Ebanks, Izabel Goulart, Marisa Miller, and Miranda Kerr. The other models, who also appeared in that year's fashion show, were in attendance that day. The 2008 show coincided with the grand re-opening of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel.
In 2006, Victoria's Secret sub-brand PINK made its debut on the runway. Justin Timberlake opened the show with his popular song "Sexy Back". This year fashion show was the final walk of Gisele Bündchen.
The 2007 show featured a performance by the Spice Girls and gained prominence as the first American TV debut of the band after their comeback. Kanye West was also scheduled to perform at the event, but cancelled his appearance due to his mother's death. will.i.am was called to perform in his place.
The 2008 show was held at Fountainebleu Miami Beach, Florida. Usher was appeared on the show as well as opened it. Unlike the other shows, the runway was designed parallel with the audience seats.
In 2009, the fashion show took place in New York City at the Lexington Avenue Armory, where it was last held in 2005. The 2009 show was notable for featuring the results of a competition, called the Victoria's Secret Model Search, to find a new Victoria's Secret "runway Angel." The winner was announced as Kylie Bisutti.
The 2010 Victoria's Secret Fashion show aired on November 30, 2010 on CBS, and featured performances by Katy Perry and Akon. A promotional ad featured a lipdub for Katy Perry's "Firework". As of 2010, 152 models have walked the show.
In 2011, Kanye West started his song "Stronger" with a tribute to his mother who had died before his scheduled performance four years before, saying: "In 2007, I was supposed to perform this song on this show ...and I lost my superhero. Now she's my super-angel."
In 2012, an outfit worn by model Karlie Kloss, which was reminiscent of Native American attire, sparked controversy due to its alleged stereotypical depiction of Native Americans. Victoria's Secret released a statement of apology shortly after, saying that they will remove it from future advertisements and the broadcast. Kloss apologized on her Twitter account for the outfit and expressed her support for the outfit's removal in the broadcast.
In 2013, the Victoria's Secret Fashion show featured performances by Taylor Swift, A Great Big World, Neon Jungle and Fall Out Boy. Taylor Swift performed "I Knew You Were Trouble", A Great Big World performed "Say Something", UK's Neon Jungle made their US television debut with "Trouble", and Fall Out Boy performed "The Phoenix", and later performed again with Taylor Swift in "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark".
In 2014, the Victoria's Secret Fashion show featured performances by Taylor Swift; for the second year in a row, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, and Hozier. Taylor Swift preformed "Blank Space" and "Style". Ed Sheeran performed "Thinking Out Loud". Ariana Grande performed "Love Me Harder", "Bang Bang", "Break Free", and "Problem". Hozier performed "Take Me to Church". During the show, Ariana Grande was performing and was hit by accident with an Angel's wings.
The early webcasts were criticized for poor connection, and users that could connect were subjected to low video quality. One critic from The New York Times described the initial 20th-century webcast experience as having felt like he was "watching a striptease through a keyhole".
Some critics have described the 21st-century televised editions of the show as pornographic, while others have described it as both "outright commercialism" and an infomercial. The Federal Communications Commission has received complaints regarding the broadcast, but no fines have been imposed, with the FCC, following the 2001 airing, citing the First Amendment and stating that "sexual or excretory activities or organs in a patently offensive manner as measured by contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium" were not broadcast. In the initial 2001 airing ABC blurred the screen on particularly sheer lingerie. This enabled the show to pass muster with its internal Broadcast Standards and Practices department and to achieve the TV-14 rating. In 2002, the National Organization for Women protested the show calling it a "soft-core porn infomercial." They were joined in protest by the Parents Television Council and other watchdog organizations. CBS has given past shows TV-14 ratings, which is a warning that the show may contain material unsuitable for children age 14 and under. Nonetheless some affiliates have chosen not to air the show in past years including Fisher Broadcasting affiliates in Idaho. In 2009, the American Decency Association organized email letters of protests to sponsors of the show including AT&T, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Netflix, Nikon, and Reebok. CBS has described the event to as "the Super Bowl of fashion".
Typically, one model is chosen among the Angels to wear a bejeweled bra dubbed the "Fantasy Bra". It was first advertised in the Victoria's Secret catalog, but since 2001 has been worn in the Fashion Shows. Prior to each Fashion Show, Victoria's Secret contracts a renowned jewelry designer to craft the bra to be used as a focal point for promoting the fashion show and as a centerpiece within it. The company offers the Fantasy Bra for sale as "the ultimate holiday" gift. However, only the centerpiece from the 2004 Heavenly "70" Fantasy Bra and the 2012 Floral Fantasy Bra and Gift Set have found a buyer. If not bought, the bras are dismantled after a year.
The $15 million price tag for the 2000 bra worn by Gisele Bündchen earned a place in the Guinness World Records as the most expensive item of lingerie ever created. The $3 million 2009 Harlequin Fantasy Bra and the $2 million 2010 Bombshell Fantasy Bra were designed by Damiani. Listed below are the prices per set (including accessories for the 2007 and 2013 editions, the 2013 bra alone is worth $8,000,000). The 2012 Floral Fantasy Bra was accompanied by a $500,000 perfume bottle.
|Year||Name||Model||Value||Appeared in fashion show||refs|
|1996||Million Dollar Miracle Bra||Claudia Schiffer||$1,000,000||No|||
|1997||Diamond Dream Bra||Tyra Banks||$3,000,000||No|
|1998||Dream Angel Fantasy Bra||Daniela Pestova||$5,000,000||No|
|1999||Millennium Bra||Heidi Klum||$10,000,000||No|||
|2000||Red Hot Fantasy Bra/Panties||Gisele Bündchen||$15,000,000||No|||
|2001||Heavenly Star Bra||Heidi Klum||$12,500,000||Yes|||
|2002||Star of Victoria Fantasy Bra||Karolina Kurkova||$10,000,000||Yes|||
|2003||Very Sexy Fantasy Bra||Heidi Klum||$11,000,000||Yes|||
|2004||Heavenly "70" Fantasy Bra||Tyra Banks||$10,000,000||No|||
|2005||Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra||Gisele Bündchen||$12,500,000||Yes|||
|2006||Hearts On Fire Diamond Fantasy Bra||Karolina Kurkova||$6,500,000||Yes|||
|2007||Holiday Fantasy Bra Set||Selita Ebanks||$4,500,000||Yes|||
|2008||Black Diamond Fantasy Miracle Bra||Adriana Lima||$5,000,000||Yes|||
|2009||Harlequin Fantasy Bra||Marisa Miller||$3,000,000||Yes|||
|2010||Bombshell Fantasy Bra||Adriana Lima||$2,000,000||Yes|||
|2011||Fantasy Treasure Bra||Miranda Kerr||$2,500,000||Yes|||
|2012||Floral Fantasy Bra & Gift Set||Alessandra Ambrosio||$2,500,000||Yes|||
|2013||Royal Fantasy Bra||Candice Swanepoel||$10,000,000||Yes|||
|2014||Dream Angels Fantasy Bras||Alessandra Ambrosio||$2,000,000 each||Yes|||
- Callaway, Libby (2000-05-18). "Model Behavior – Secret Gals Smile For Pre-Show Audience". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Flaim, Denise (1995-08-03). "Victoria's Secrets For All to See A peekaboo bra-fest on the Plaza runway". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- The Wall Street Journal (1995-10-24). "Interest In Stock Offer Is Modest - Sales May Reveal Trouble For Spice Lingerie Retailer". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- Rothstein, Edward (1999-02-05). "Internet Review; A Sex Metaphor, by Victoria's Secret". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Flaim, Denise, Paul D. Colford, and Andy Edelstein (1996-02-08). "Flash! The latest entertainment news and more". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Marshall, Hood (1997-02-09). "Victoria Can't Keep Much Secret For Valentine's Day". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Smith, Liz (1998-02-05). "A D.C. Power Pair". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Farrell, Greg (1999-02-08). "Victoria's Secret weapon: Ad exec Woman behind spots has been to Bowl before". USA Today. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- Napoli, Lisa (1999-02-08). "The Media Business: Advertising; Was the Victoria's Secret show a Web failure? Hardly. There's no such thing as bad publicity.". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Parnes, Francine (1999-02-03). "Victoria jiggling into cyberspace". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Parnes, Francine (1999-02-03). "Victoria jiggling into cyberspace". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Callaway, Libby (2000-05-21). "Showing Off Their Cannes: The Post Goes Behind The Scenes At The World's Biggest Fashion Show". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Flesh Fest called Cannes - Not Do". New York Post. 2000-03-16. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- Ealy, Charles (2000-05-07). "Cannes can still deliver the goods - Nothing else compares to this chaotic festival". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- Kuczynski, Alex (2001-11-18). "VIEW; Victoria's Secret on TV: Another First for Women". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Kaplan, Don (2001-11-17). "Victoria's Undies Fall Off". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Penn, Faye (2001-11-14). "Bridget's Got A Hall-uva Secret". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "FCC official makes no secret of displeasure over lingerie show". CNN. 2002-11-21. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- Stern, Jared Paul (2002-11-08). "'Secret' No Longer: Model List Released". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Hoffmann, Bill (2003-11-14). "Playing Our Thong – Victoria's Celebs Lead Undie Fun Day". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Robertson, Campbell (2005-11-11). "Boldface". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Critchell, Samantha (2006-11-23). "Models Prepare For Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". The Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Healy, Orla (2005-11-08). "Tyra Busts Out - 'Oprah With Cleavage' Has Big Ambitions". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- Sturrock, Staci (2004-11-16). "Celestial Bodies". The Palm Beach Post. Cox Media Group. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "The Secret? Sexy Takes Time, Effort". Daily News of Los Angeles. 2006-11-17. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Korb, Michael (2007-12-02). "Model behavior on CBS' ' Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007'". Charleston Gazette. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Victoria's Secret Angels ‘Hollywood Walk Of Fame’". The Insider. 2007-11-14. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- "Video Report - 'Angels' Get Star, Go Shopping". Jefferson City News-Tribune. 2007-11-15. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- "Victoria's Secret Angels ‘Hollywood Walk Of Fame’". PopCrunch. 2007-11-14. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Coming To Town: Miranda Kerr: Fab and loving it". The Miami Herald. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- "Victorias Secret Fashion Shows". Best Lingerie Brands. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Sage, Alexandria (2007-11-16). "Spice Girls strut down Victoria's Secret runway". Reuters. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- Castina (2007-11-15). "Will.i.am To Replace Kanye West". PopCrunch. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- Smith, Olivia (2009-12-02). "Kylie Bisutti bests Jamie Lee Darley to win Victoria's Secret Model Search, makes runway debut". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "It’s On! 2010 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Announced". Victoria's Secret. 3 September 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "Victoria's Secret Video: VS Loves Katy Perry" (Video). New York, NY: Victoria Secret, CBS. 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "The Victoria's Secret Show: Victoria's Secret 2010 - VS Loves Katy Perry" (Video). New York, NY: Victoria Secret, CBS. 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- "VICTORIA'S SECRET : SOPHIA'S 10 DIARY : THE PEP TALK". YouTube. 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- Gibson, Christina. "E! Online". www.eonline.com. Christina Gibson. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Karlie Kloss’s Victoria’s Secret American Indian outfit causes controversy. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - The Performances Video
- Finn, Natalie (2014-11-17). "News/2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and More Performers Announced!". E!. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Ariana Grande gets smacked in face by Victoria's Secret model's wings - LA Times". Los Angeles Times. December 3, 2014. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Stevens, Dana (2003-11-20). "These Are a Few of My Favorite Thongs: The Victoria's Secret spectacle on CBS". Slate. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Watchdog Groups Protest Victoria's Secret Show". Fox News. 2002-11-20. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- People: Sexy Telecast No Problem With FCC. March 26, 2002.
- Kleder, Martha (2001-11-21). "FCC Investigating ABC's ‘Victoria's Secret Fashion Show’". Concerned Women for America. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Victoria's Secret toning down? Not!". American Decency Association. 2009-12-02. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- Template:Cite weburl=http://www.cbsnews.com/news/backstage-pass-victorias-secret-fashion-show/
- Wells, Melanie (1996-02-14). "Victoria's secret to success – Mixing romance, fantasy". USA Today. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Yasmeen Ghauri". nymag.com. New York Magazine. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Washington, Roxanne (1997-02-13). "Real Men Absent On N.Y. Runway". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Davidson, Justin and Julia Szabo (1997-02-06). "Flash! The latest entertainment news and more". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Height, Weight, Hairstyle, Hair Color, College, Relationships and Complete Profile of Female Celebrity Jaime King". Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- "Tech". The Daily Ardmoreite. 1999-02-04. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Advertising Mascots – People". tvacres.com. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Lacitis, Erik (1999-02-05). "Where Were You an 1.5 Million Others When Victoria's Secret Show Aired?". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Wolf, Barnet D. (1999-02-07). "Victoria's Secret Sold On Concept of Cybermedium". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Callaway, Libby (2000-05-17). "Pretty in Pink, Victoria's Angels' Wing Their Way To France A La Concorde". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Callaway, Libby and Jonathan Foreman (2000-05-19). "A Fest-Seller At Cannes: Fashion". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2001)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "PETA Pans Gisele In Victoria's Secret Protest". New York Post. 2002-11-15. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Bobbin, Jay (2002-11-17). "Heidi Klum reveals Victoria's fashion secrets in CBS special". The Daily Ardmoreite. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Rosenthal, Phil (2002-11-20). "An hour barely covers it". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Movie Moguls Let Fur Fly, Too". New York Post. 2002-11-17. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Hanson, Holly (2003-10-30). "Victoria's Secret Likes Somerset – Local Store Is First To Get New Model Makeup Kit". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2003)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Kahn, Robert (2003-11-17). "Victoria's Latex Secret Now on Show". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Radsken, Jill (2003-11-19). "Fashion – Peek experience – Behind the scenes at the Victoria's Secret fashion show". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Critchell, Samantha (2005-11-27). "Camp On The Catwalk – Victoria's Secret puts on a show – How to make a supermodel smile". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Grossman, Ben (2005-12-08). "UPN Shares Victoria's Secret". BroadcastingCable.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- de Moraes, Lisa (2005-12-08). "Viewers Are Scanty for 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show'". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Viewers are following the scripts". Los Angeles Times. 2005-12-21. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2005)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Amodio, Joseph V. (2005-12-05). "Prime-Time Catwalk Are supermodels a dying breed? Victoria's Secret may be the last launching pad for the next big name". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "CBS Specials: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2005". CBS. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- Shattuck, Kathryn (2005-12-05). "What's on Tuesday". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "CBS Repeats as Tuesday Winner". Zap2It.com. 2006-12-20. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2006)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Will.I.Am Replaces Kanye At VS Show". San Jose Mercury News. 2007-11-17. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- Cox, Jennifer (2007-12-05). "Victoria's Secret Racy Pics, Models, Spice Girls Boost Fashion Show". The National Ledger. Retrieved 2007-12-05.
- Seidman, Robert (2007-12-12). "Overnight Results 12/11: A Rare NBC Win". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2007)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Rosenthal, Phil (2007-12-09). "Models can't make hard sell look attractive". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Stars come out for Fontainebleau". The Miami Herald. 2008-11-17. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Abravanel, Lesley (2008-11-14). "Singin' the Fontainebleau shut-out blues?". The Miami Herald. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Barrett, Annie (2008-12-04). "TV Ratings: 'Rudolph' glows ('like a light bulb!') for CBS". Hollywood Insider. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Seidman, Robert (2008-12-18). "Wednesday Ratings: 'Life' and 'Private Practice' no match for 'Criminal Minds'". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2008)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Micchandani, Raakhee (2008-12-03). "Backstage Secrets – Behind The Brassieres At The Victoria's Secret Fashion". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Quick Chemistry". New York Post. 2008-11-19. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Mirchandani, Raakhee and Danica Lo (2009-11-19). "Secret Angels Bare Skinny". New York Post. p. 67. Retrieved 2009-11-23.
- Cantor, Brian (2009-12-02). "Obama Barely Helps "90210″ Ratings, "Biggest Loser" Tops "Victoria's Secret"". Headline Planet. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Nguyen, Hanh (2009-12-10). "TV Ratings: CBS' crime lords it over Wednesday; Adults on the rise on FOX, ABC". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- As the runner-up to Victoria's Secret Model Search competition winner Kylie Bisutti · Jamie Lee Darley appeared in the broadcast, but not on the catwalk.
- "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (2009)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-12-26.
- "First Look: Marisa Miller to Rock Victoria Secret's New Diamond-Studded Bra". StyleWatch. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- Sepinwall, Alan (2010-12-01). "TV Ratings: 'Rudolph' & Victoria's Secret give CBS the Tuesday win". Hit Fix. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Modern Family,' 'The Sing Off' Adjusted Up; 'The Middle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. 2010-12-09. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010 Line-up Gallery". VSHOLIC.com. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- [dead link]
- "Victorias Secret Supermodels Attend The 2010 Victorias Secret Fashion… | Getty Images Nederland | 106652423". Gettyimages.com. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "TV Ratings Tuesday: CBS Gets A Rise Out of 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show'; Parenthood & Biggest Loser Match Season Highs; 'Glee,' 'New Girl' Inch Up". TV by the Numbers. 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "TV ratings: 'X Factor' steady Wednesday, viewers not fascinated with Barbara Walters special". TV by the Numbers. 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- September 19, 2011 (2011-09-19). "Victoria’s Secret Show Date Set - Intimates/Activewear - Media". WWD.com. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "Maroon 5 & Kanye West To Perform At The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show [AUDIO] | Ryan Seacrest - The official entertainment news site of American Idol host and American Top 40 on air radio personality!". Ryan Seacrest. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Parenthood', 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show', 'The Voice', & 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Hart of Dixie' and 'Go On' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The X Factor' Adjusted Up; 'The Middle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show | Go behind-the-scenes at the Sexiest Night on Television, only at VS All Access
- Jessica Hart Talks Football, Fitness, and the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - News - FashionEtc.com
- "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' & 'NCIS' Adjusted Up; 'The Goldbergs' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Week 13 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did". SitcomsOnline.com. 2013-12-22. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "10 highlights from Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". USA Today.
- Milligan, Lauren (15 April 2014). "Victoria's Secret Comes To London". Vogue. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (December 10, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' & 'The Voice' Adjusted Up; 'Supernatural' & 'The Mindy Project' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 17, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS' & 'The Voice' Adjusted Up, No Adjustment for 'Person of Interest' or 'MasterChef Junior'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Rothstein, Simon (2009-10-23). "Marisa is worth millions". The Sun (London). Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- O'Connell, Vanessa (2009-10-07). "The Shrinking of the Fantasy Gift". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Behind Victoria's Secret $10 million Fantasy Bra
- "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Shows Off $3 Million Harlequin Fantasy Bra - Speakeasy - WSJ". The Wall Street Journal.
- Supermodel Candice Swanepoel - YouTube
- Pedersen, Stephanie (2004). Bra: a thousand years of style, support and seduction. David & Charles Publishers. p. 110. ISBN 978-0-7153-2067-9.
- "The Fantasy Bra’s History". CBS New York. Retrieved 2014-6-2014. Check date values in:
- Sussman, Paul (2005-12-01). "The Ultimate in lingerie: $15m set". CNN. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Shattuck, Kathryn (2009-12-01). "What's On Today". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Bird, Laura (1996-11-17). "Forget ties; Catalogs offer much more for Christmas". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Paschal, Jan (2001-11-13). "Diamonds ARE a girl's best friend". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Hearts On Fire creates bra with bling". National Jeweler. 2006-10-18. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Bhatnagar, Parija (2003-10-31). "Betting on the $11 million bra". CNNMoney.com. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Tyra Banks reveals $10-million Fantasy Bra". Hello Magazine. 2004-10-14. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Crean, Ellen (2005-12-05). "Bundchen Has The Secret". CBS News. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Thomas, Karen (2007-10-09). "Victoria's Secret has a gem-dandy fantasy". USA Today. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Victoria's Secret unveils 2008 "Fantasy Bra"". National Jeweler. 2008-10-20. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Marisa Miller to Rock Victoria Secret's New Diamond-Studded Bra". People Magazine. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- "Adriana Lima and the $2 million 2010 Fantasy bra".
- jkucsak (20 October 2011). "The $2.5 Million Bra". Yahoo!. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Ambrosio models latest Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra". USA Today.
- Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra 2013, Candice Swanepoel Fantasy Bra – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
- "The Dream Angels Fantasy Bras Revealed!". Victoria's Secret. 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Victoria's Secret.|