Victoria (2007 telenovela)
|Created by||Bernardo Romero Pereiro
Mónica Agudelo Tenorio
|Written by||Jimena Romero
María Helena Doehring
|Theme music composer||Miguel de Narváez|
|Opening theme||Desde que te conoci
Alejandro Fernández y Rocío Banquells
|Country of origin||Colombia
|No. of episodes||169|
|Executive producer(s)||Hugo León Ferrer|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Picture format||SDTV, 480i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original run||December 4, 2007 – August 1, 2008|
|Preceded by||Zorro: La Espada y La Rosa|
|Followed by||Doña Bárbara (Telemundo series)|
|Related shows||Mirada de mujer, Señora Isabel|
Victoria is the title of a Spanish-language telenovela about a woman who falls in love with a dashing younger man, when her marriage collapses around her. It is produced by the United States-based television network Telemundo and RTI Colombia. This limited-run series debuted in the U.S. on December 4, 2007, after La Esclava Isaura finished. Filmed in Bogotá, it stars Victoria Ruffo, Mauricio Ochmann, Arturo Peniche, Géraldine Bazán, and Andrea López.
In her 25th wedding anniversary party, Victoria Mendoza (Victoria Ruffo) finds out her husband Enrique Mendoza (Arturo Peniche) has a mistress, Tatiana López (Andrea Lopez). Suddenly Victoria's whole life crashes around her as she realizes her marriage is wrecked. As she tries to heal the pain of her husband's adultery, she meets the 33-year-old Jerónimo (Mauricio Ochmann) out of the blue.
Victoria falls for this younger man, giving her a second chance at the true love and passion missing in her loveless marriage. Many of her loved ones oppose her relationship, including her daughters Paula (Geraldine Bazán) and Mariana (Laura Perico), her mother Mercedes (Margalida Castro) and her ex-husband. They blame her for the breakup. On the other hand, her son Santiago (Ricardo Abarca) offers unconditional support. Victoria has many problems but does she know she has those problems? Can she solve them? So Victoria faces a difficult decision: either fight to keep true love alive or surrender and let it slip away.
Victoria is a remake of Mirada de mujer (The Gaze of a Woman) [which is a remake of the lost 1993 Columbian telenovela Señora Isabel] and of its sequel, El Regreso. This show's working titles were Tiempos de Victoria (Victoria's Times), Señora Isabel and The Mauricio Ochmann Project.
The show's premiere on Telemundo reached 782,000 core adult (ages 18–49) viewers, according to NTI, and over 1.5 million total viewers overall. The expanded the series' run to about 160 chapters from the standard length, 120 shows. There was no question of announcing any plans to remake Mirada's sequel, El Regreso (The Return) as Victoria covered El Regreso (both in one). Géraldine Bazán won a Latin ACE Award for "Best Inspiring Young Actress" during her role as Paula.
Victoria airs on Caracol TV in Colombia, on Telemundo in the United States, on Fox televizija in Serbia, on Nova TV - September 26, 2008 and Diema Family - January 5, 2009 in Bulgaria, Televisa (on Galavisión) in Mexico, on POP TV in Slovenia, on NTV Hayat in Bosnia and Herzegovina, on Acasǎ in Bucharest, Romania, from August 2009 in Slovakia on TV Doma, on Shant TV in Armenia and from August 2009 on Farsi1 EutelSat Satellite TV Channel (Farsi1 later confirmed censoring some scenes including kisses and sexual actions in order to adapt the serial to Iranian culture).
On August 4, 2008, Telemundo broadcast the alternate ending of Victoria through Yahoo! Telemundo. It was the first alternate ending of a Spanish Telenovela ever aired by Telemundo in the United States. The first ending was romantic; the second was realism. Victoria let Ochmann leave; then we saw her talking about how she's got everything (and doesn't need him): like her business, her grandchild, her amigas sinceras, etc. There was an off-stage third ending wherein Ochmann made a pareja with Adriana Campos ("Yumelay from Zorro" -- cute little Indian), who played his middle-story girlfriend (Penelope) in Spain whom he eventually left to go back to Victoria.
Product placements in the US version of this show include: JCPenney, T-Mobile Scrubbing Bubbles, Budweiser, Bud Light, Windex, Oust, Lysol, State Farm, Visa, Lowe's, The Home Depot, Walmart and Pledge. In some cases, Telemundo news programs can be seen or heard while characters are watching TV, even though this show is set in Bogota, Colombia.
(in order of appearance)
- Victoria Ruffo .... Victoria Santiesteban de Mendoza - '
- Mauricio Ochmann .... Jeronimo Ernesto Acosta - '
- Arturo Peniche ... Enrique Mendoza - '
- Andrea López .... Tatiana López - former lover of Enrique, mother of enrique's child felipe"
- Diana Quijano .... Camila Matiz - friend of Victoria
- Javier Delgiudice .... Gerardo Cárdenas - husband of Helena and father of Arturo
- Laura Perico .... Mariana Mendoza - daughter of Victoria and Enrique, radio host
- Ricardo Abarca .... Santiago Mendoza - son of Victoria and Enrique, singer
- Adriana Romero....Valeria Saenz - Loves Jeronimo
- José Julián Gaviria....Martin Acosta - son of Silvia and Jeronimo
- Patricia Grisales..... - Carlota Velandia friend and adssociate of Victoria"
- Margalida Castro .... Mercedes 'Memé' de Santiesteban - mother of Victoria
- Laura Londoño .... Eliza - 'amiga de Mariana'
- Andrés Felipe Martínez ..... - 'Guillermo' - el jefe de Jeronimo
- Roberto Manrique .... Sebastian Villanueva - Paula's Husband
- Camilo Trujillo .... - Arturo Cardenas - son of Helena and Gerardo Cardenas
- Ricardo González .... - Henry - friend of Jeronimo
- Géraldine Bazán .... Paula Mendoza - daughter of Victoria and Enrique, lawyer
- María Helena Doehring .... Helena de Cárdenas - wife of Gerardo and mother of Arturo
- Natalia Bedoya .... - Estrella - girlfriend of Santiago
- Julio del Mar .... - Bernardo Solis doctor of Camila
- Lucero Gómez .... dona Thea
- Paola Díaz .... Silvia - Jeronimo's ex-wife, died"
- Adriana López .... Tatiana - Enrique
- Angela Carrisoza .... Nancy - Enrique's secretary"
- David de Oliveira
- Edmundo Troya ... ex of Camila
- Maria León Arias ... Marlene
- Adriana Campos .... Penelope, Jerónimo's mid-story novia in Spain
- Rene Figueroa
- Fernando Corredor
- Luz Mary Arias .... Marlene
- Mariano Fernández
- Fabio Camero Jr.
- Maru Giraldo
- Gloria Pinilla
- Fernanda González
- Daniel Calderón .... Santiago's friend
- Naren Daryanani .... Claudio - personal trainer of Camila
- Victor Hugo Trespalacios .... Elvis
- Luis Carlos Galeano
- Sebastián Eslava .... Pacho
- Daniel Quintero
- Sonia Rico
- Diego Camacho
- Maria Emilia Kamper .... Sebastián's mother
- Claudio Fernández
- Javier Felipe Rodríguez
- Mario A. Parra
- Nestor Pineda
- Paula A. Herrera
- Karol Aza
- Jackeline Aristizabal
- Alex Rodríguez
- Ximena Salamanca
|Country||TV Channels||Local Title|
- Terra.com, La actriz mexicana Geraldine Bazan deja Miami para grabar telenovela en Colombia January 10, 2007.
- Llega 'Victoria' al horario estelar de Telemundo una hermosa historia donde el amor no tiene edad a partir del 4 de diciebre a las 9PM/8 c. Published: November 29, 2007
- Video. Published: December 5, 2007.
- Telemundo (2007-2008).
- Latin New York ACE Awards Recognizes Geraldine Bazan as Best Impact of the Year.