|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||DeDe Lind|
|Succeeded by||Reagan Wilson|
|Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Lisa Baker|
|Succeeded by||Connie Kreski|
September 26, 1944 |
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||109 lb (49 kg; 7.8 st)|
Victoria Vetri (born September 26, 1944) is an American model and actress.
Vetri was born in San Francisco, California to parents who were immigrants from Italy. She attended Hollywood High School in Hollywood, California between 1959 and 1963 and later studied art at Los Angeles City College. She began acting and modelling in her teens. Vetri is a singer and dancer who once turned down the voice dub for Natalie Wood in West Side Story (1961). Of this she remarked "I did not want to be known as a standby." She also auditioned for the title role in the Stanley Kubrick adaptation of Lolita but lost the role to Sue Lyon. She also writes poetry and plays guitar.
Using the name Angela Dorian, she was chosen as Playboy's Playmate of the Month for the September 1967 issue and subsequently was the 1968 Playmate of the Year. Her centerfold was photographed by Carl Gunther. Vetri won $20,000 in prizes when she was selected Playmate of the Year. Among these were a new car (an all pink 1968 AMC AMX), gold watch, skis and a ski outfit, a complete wardrobe, a movie camera, a typewriter, a tape recorder, a stereo, and a guitar. A nude photo of her (along with fellow playmates Leslie Bianchini, Reagan Wilson and Cynthia Myers) was scanned and inserted into Apollo 12 Extra-vehicular activity astronaut cuff checklists by pranksters at NASA.
She appears briefly in Rosemary's Baby, credited as "Angela Dorian". In one scene Rosemary remarks that she resembles the actress Victoria Vetri. In January 1969, she signed a multi-picture contract with Warner Seven Arts. Vetri was given a starring role in When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. She refused to have her hair turned blonde from its natural auburn for the film. The story required a blonde so Vetri demanded a wig instead. Columnist Hy Gardner nominated Vetri as a new sex symbol on the Hollywood horizon in March 1971.
Vetri posed topless for the April 1984 Playboy pictorial Playmates Forever! Part Two. In Tom Clancy's 2004 biography of Gen. Tony Zinni, USMC (Ret.), Battle Ready (Chapter 2), Zinni remarks on having received a copy of the September 1967 Playboy Centerfold foldout from a group of other advisers for his birthday. He still has it as a memento of his time in Vietnam.
Victoria Vetri (legally Victoria Rathgeb) was charged with attempted murder after she allegedly shot her husband from close range inside the Hollywood apartment that they shared after an argument on Saturday, October 16, 2010. Vetri was arrested the same day by the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood Division and has remained jailed since then on $1.53 million bail, which the judge refused to reduce. In Jan 2011 she was denied a reduction of the charge of attempted murder and was ordered to stand trial on this charge.
In September 2011, Vetri pled no contest to a reduced charge of attempted voluntary manslaughter and was sentenced to nine years in state prison.
- The Pigeon That Took Rome (1962)
- Kings of the Sun (1963)
- Chuka (1967) (as Angela Dorian)
- Rosemary's Baby (1968) (Terry Gionoffrio)
- The Pigeon (1969) (TV)
- Night Chase (1970) (TV)
- When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970)
- Incident in San Francisco (1971) (TV)
- Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973)
- Group Marriage (1973)
TV guest appearances 
- Cheyenne playing "White Bird" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "Johnny Brassbuttons" (episode # 7.11) December 3, 1962
- The Gallant Men playing "Sister Catherine" in episode: "A Place to Die" (episode # 1.12) December 21, 1962
- The Gallant Men playing "Teresa Borrelli" in episode: "Next of Kin" (episode # 1.19) February 9, 1963
- Destry playing "Malya" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "Ride to Rio Verde" (episode # 1.9) April 10, 1964
- Wagon Train playing "Maria" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "The Zebedee Titus Story" (episode # 7.31) April 20, 1964
- Wagon Train playing "Marie" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "The Jarbo Pierce Story" (episode # 8.26) May 2, 1965
- McHale's Navy playing "Gina" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "Marriage, McHale Style" (episode # 4.3) September 28, 1965
- Bonanza playing "Essie" in episode: "Devil on Her Shoulder" (episode # 7.6) October 17, 1965
- Perry Mason playing "Debbie Conrad" in episode: "The Case of the Golden Girls" (episode # 9.14) December 19, 1965
- Run for Your Life playing "Carmen" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "Carnival Ends at Midnight" (episode # 1.16) January 10, 1966
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. playing "Charisma Highcloud" in episode: "The Indian Affairs Affair" (episode # 2.30) April 15, 1966
- The Big Valley playing "Teresa" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "Legend of a General: Part 1" (episode # 2.2) September 19, 1966
- The Big Valley playing "Teresa" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "Legend of a General: Part 2" (episode # 2.3) September 26, 1966
- Hogan's Heroes playing "Carla" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "The Crittendon Plan" (episode # 3.1) September 9, 1967
- Death Valley Days playing "Sacajawea" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "The Girl Who Walked the West" (episode # 16.5) November 4, 1967
- Batman playing "Florence of Arabia" (as Angela Dorian) in episode: "I'll Be a Mummy's Uncle" (episode # 3.23) February 22, 1968
- Star Trek playing "Isis" in human form in the episode "Assignment: Earth" (episode # 2.26) March 29, 1968
- The Courtship of Eddie's Father playing "Dolly" in episode: "Mrs. Livingston, I Presume" (episode # 1.1) September 17, 1969
- Land of the Giants playing "Lisa" in episode: "The Marionettes" (episode # 2.23) March 1, 1970
- Daniel Boone playing "Susan Pepper" in episode: "Noblesse Oblige" (episode # 6.22) March 26, 1970
- Mission: Impossible playing "Eve Zembra" in episode: "Squeeze Play" (episode # 5.12) December 12, 1970
- Lucas Tanner playing "Connie" in episode: "Bonus Baby" (episode # 1.12) January 8, 1975
See also 
Further reading 
- The Cedar Rapids, Iowa Gazette, Hollywood Picks Playmate Angela, January 26, 1969, Page 69.
- Lima, Ohio News, Miss Mooney Movie Stars Repeats Vows Following New Pattern, August 10, 1969, Page 12E.
- Long Beach, California Independent, Miss Dorian Makes Debut as Playmate, April 11, 1968, Page 18.
- Long Beach Independent Press-Telegram, AMX To Playmate, April 28, 1968, Page 81.
- Long Beach Press-Telegram, Southland Sunday, March 7, 1971, Page 106.
- Playboy Playmates pranked into Apollo 12 mission checklists - Boing Boing
- (Paramount Home Video DVD, at time code 00:12:50)
- Victoria Vetri at Playboy Online
- Victoria Vetri at the Internet Movie Database
- Victoria Vetri at Memory Alpha (a Star Trek wiki)