|Headquarters||Greenville, North Carolina, United States|
|Number of locations||Nine hospitals|
|Area served||Eastern North Carolina|
|Key people||David C. Herman, MD
Chief Executive Officer ;
Phillip K. Flowers
Chairman, Board of Directors
|Revenue||US$ 1,445,000,000 (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 67,000,000 (2011)|
Vidant Health is a non-profit hospital system made up of nine hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services serving 1.4 million people in 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina. Their flagship Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in Greenville.
Vidant Health is the largest private employer in Eastern North Carolina.
Three Vidant Health hospitals: Vidant Edgecombe Hospital, Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital and The Outer Banks Hospital have been named among the nation's top performers for quality care by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. Only 405 hospitals in the United States earned this honor. Just 14 were in North Carolina.
In 2002, the organization implemented a program in which diabetes educators regularly visit rural clinics to improve glycemic control in African-American patients.
Vidant Health changed their name from University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina in January 2012.
Vidant Health-owned hospitals
- Vidant Edgecombe Hospital, (previously, Heritage Hospital), Tarboro
- Vidant Bertie Hospital, Windsor
- Vidant Chowan Hospital, Edenton
- Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital, Ahoskie
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital - Washington
- Vidant Duplin Hospital, Kenansville
- Vidant Medical Center (Previously, Pitt County Memorial Hospital), Greenville - Flagship Hospital
- Vidant Pungo Hospital - Belhaven
- The Outer Banks Hospital, Nags Head (jointly owned with Chesapeake Regional Medical Center)
- Community Care Plan of Eastern Carolina
- East Carolina Heart Institute
- James & Connie Maynard Children's Hospital at Vidant Medical Center
- Vidant Home Health & Hospice
- Vidant Medical Center Foundation
- Vidant Medical Group Practices
- Vidant Pain Management Centers
- Vidant Sleep Centers
- Vidant SurgiCenter
- Vidant Wellness Centers
- Vidant Wound Healing Centers
- "North Carolina's Largest Private Employers". Employment Security Commission of North Carolina. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Top Performers on Key Quality Measures".
- "Teams of Diabetes Educators Regularly Visit Rural Clinics to Coach African-American Patients, Leading to Better Glycemic Control and Potential Cost Savings". Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- King, Lauren. "Pitt County Memorial Hospital in N.C. set to change name". The Associated Press/PilotOnline.com. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
|This article about a building or structure in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States hospital article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|