||This article has an unclear citation style. (December 2013)|
Vidyut Jammwal "Big RTL Thrill", March 2013
10 December 1980 |
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Martial Artist|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
Vidyut Jammwal (born 10 December 1980) is an Indian film actor, model and martial artist. Popularly known as a contemporary action hero, he has worked in Bollywood, Kollywood and Tollywood films. He is also a practitioner of kalaripayattu.
Jamwal made his acting debut in the 2011 Hindi film Force, a remake of the Tamil film Kaaka Kaaka, alongside John Abraham. His performance as the antagonist earned him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. He subsequently played supporting roles in the Telugu films Shakti and Oosaravelli, both starring NTR. In 2012, Jamwal made his debut in Tamil cinema with Billa II, as the antagonist opposite Ajith Kumar. For his role, he received critical appreciation. He recently worked on another Tamil film Thuppakki, opposite actor Vijay which became a blockbuster. He also received an award for the Best Actor in a Negative Role in SIIMA Awards for the film. He recently was seen in Vipul Shah's action film Commando opposite Pooja Chopra, where he appeared in his first lead role. Although the film received a mixed critical reception, Jamwal gained appreciation for his portrayal of a commando in the Indian army, with noted critic Taran Adarsh mentioning that "COMMANDO clearly belongs to Vidyut and the liberty of watching him crushing everything and everyone in sight leaves you tongue-tied. By doing the stunts without a body double or cables, he fits into the definition of India's Next Gen action hero without a hitch. He's a fine actor too, although it's the action that takes precedence over histrionics here."
Jammwal is a vegetarian and appeared in an ad for PETA with the caption “Powered by Veggies! Go Vegetarian”. He along with Kangana Ranaut were adjudged as PETA India's Hottest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2013.
|2011||Stanley Ka Dabba||Rosy Miss' fiancé||Hindi|
|Force||Vishnu||Hindi||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut
IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Male
|Thuppakki||Leader of Sleeper Cells||Tamil||SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Tamil
Nominated—Vijay Award for Best Villain
Nominated—Edison Award for Best Villain
|2013||Commando||Karanvir Singh Dogra||Hindi||Zee Cine Awards Awarded - Umeed Ka Naya Chehra|
|Bullett Raja||ACP Arun Singh Munna||Hindi|
|2014||Commando 2||Karanvir Singh Dogra||Hindi||Announced|
- Jamwal, Vidyut. "Vidyut Jammwal - About". Facebook. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Vidyut Jammwal Facebook".
- "John's opponent to display his martial arts skills". The Times of India. September 9, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Vidyut Jamwal ready to be typecast as an action hero". Times of India. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "Commando: I want to be unique, says Vidyut Jamwal". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-04-04.[dead link]
- Kunal Guha (Sep 7, 2011). "This guy will fight John in Force". Yahoo!. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- "Filmfare Awards: Juiciest bites from the best Bollywood celebs". The Times of India. January 30, 2012.
- "Vidyut Jamwal, actor". The New Indian Express. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Billa Ii Preview – Billa Ii Movie Preview". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- "Ajith's warm, Vijay's cool: Vidyut Jamwal". Times of India. Feb 2, 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Sharma, Sarika. "Ayushmann Khuraana's 'Nautanki Saala', Vidyut Jamwal's Commando hit screens today". Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Critics' review: watch Commando for Vidyut Jamwal". Hindustan Times. 2013-04-12. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Commando (2013) Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Vidyut Jamwal in Hot New PETA INDIA AD: GET TOUGH – GO VEGETARIAN".
- "Kangana Ranaut and Vidyut Jamwal are India's Hottest Vegetarians". Biharprabha News. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Jadhav, Prathamesh. "Vidyut Jamwal and Pooja Chopra will be back in Commando 2!". Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Vidyut Jamwal in Suriya's Next!". Retrieved 2014-01-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vidyut Jamwal.|