Vietnam People's Public Security
|Vietnam People's Public Security
Công an Nhân dân Việt Nam
Symbol of Vietnam People's Public Security
Six letters of gold: SECURITY GUARD Nation
For myself, to frugal integrity;
|Active||1945 – Present|
|Country||Vietnam (North Vietnam in the past)|
|Motto||Homeland Security Protection|
|Colors||yellow, red, blue|
|March||We are the soldiers of Police
Author: Professor Trọng Bằng
|Anniversaries||'On Tradition: August 19|
|Engagements||Xo Viet Nghe Tinh
Wen Cases As Much
Nam Cam case and accomplices
Department for PMU 18
|General||Tran Dai Quang|
|Le Hong Anh,
The People's Public Security of Vietnam (Vietnamese: Công an Nhân dân Việt Nam) is the main police and security force of Vietnam. It is a part of Vietnam People's Armed Forces. It is under the control of Communist Party of Vietnam.
This force was created on August 19, 1945.
Functions and branches
The People's Public Security of Vietnam has two branches:
- Vietnam People's Security
- Prevent, investigate, and make the violate action with national security fail.
- Intelligence working.
- Guild and combine with another force to protect internal political security, economical security, ideology-cultural security and information security.
- Manage entrance or exit visas. Manage every foreign person and Vietnamese people in foreign country visit to Vietnam. Protect the secret of government. Work in mission to protect national security at border region, border gate follow the law.
- The cores to build personal security in every kind of life, at every area in the country.
- Doing any other mission, competence and duties follow the law.
- Vietnam People's Police
- Prevents, investigates and struggles to anti the crime who violate the law about order of social safety, about environment, politics, traffic, functions, corruption. Investigate the reason, condition that made crime grow. Suggest the way to overcome. Join to educating those crime follow the law.
- Manage population, Vietnamese registration system, identification, security, order of every business job in condition. Manage and make sure about the safety of traffic, order of public. Managing the weapon, fire-material, explore-material. Manage and work for mission in anti-fire and unburned. Join to rescue and salvage.
- Execute other duties and mission follow the law.
These two forces are trained mainly at two institutions. That is, The People's Police Academy of Vietnam, People's Security institutions of Vietnam.
Ranks of the People's Public Security of Vietnam
Highest Rank (Army Forces)
- Đại Tướng (General) - Rank of Minister of Puplic security.
- Thượng tướng (Colonel Genneral) - Rank of Duty Minister of Puplic security.
- Trung Tướng (Lieutenant General) - usually held by Director Generals of General Department.
- Thiếu Tướng (Major General) - usually held by Directors of Department.
Middle-ranking and Low-ranking Officers
- Đại Tá (Senior Colonel) - usually held by Chiefs of provincial Police.
- Thượng Tá (Colonel) - usually held by Chiefs of district Police.
- Trung Tá (Lieutenant Colonel) - usually held by Chiefs of ward Police.
- Thiếu Tá (Major) - usually held by Chiefs of police Team.
- Đại Úy (Captain)
- Thượng Úy (First Lieutenant)
- Trung Úy (Lieutenant)
- Thiếu Úy (Junior Lieutenant)
- Thượng Sĩ (sergeant major)
- Trung Sĩ (sergeant)
- Hạ Sĩ (Corporal)
- Binh Nhất (Private First Class, Senior Constable)
- Binh Nhì (Private, Constable )
Media related to Police of Vietnam at Wikimedia Commons