|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
Assunta De Rossi
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i) SDTV|
|Original run||September 19, 2005– February 10, 2006|
Vietnam Rose is a television series that was aired on ABS-CBN. It aired from September 19, 2005 to February 10, 2006.
Vietnam Rose follows the journey of Nguyen Dang Thien Yeu, a Vietnamese woman, who embraces life in a foreign land to forget the memory of her tragic past.
Yeu, resembling the plight of thousands of Vietnamese in the turbulent years of the War, was pushed out of her beloved nation. As her father, a Vietcong, fights out the invading forces, she discovers that her mother has betrayed them by having an affair with a Filipino soldier. Later on, this illicit affair comes back to haunt Yeu’s family, as her father is accidentally killed by the Filipino soldier. In the succeeding moments, Yeu is washed away to a foreign land – the Philippines – where she starts and builds a new life as a Filipino with a Vietnamese heart.
Years pass and little Yeu has grown into Carina Mojica Dela Cerna, a successful businesswoman who is married to man who belongs to one of the most powerful families in the Philippines. Seemingly living a perfect life, Carina has learned to adapt to Philippine ways, but continues to pay respects to her cultural background as a Vietnamese. All the while she also successfully hides a dark secret to her past. That is, until one mysterious night, when an image of her dying mother appears to her and begs her to come home to Vietnam.
Carina is now being haunted by the past and thus realizes that her present unhappiness stems from her not being able to confront her past. She goes back to Vietnam to face her mother and settle things once and for all. However, as she arrives in Vietnam in an effort to move on, a complication confronts her. Carina meets her half-sister, Doan Dang Thien Tin, a smart young Vietnamese who has grown up in the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City. Living a hard life with her mother, Tin has grown resentful of the sister who has abandoned them and was the source of her mother’s heart break.
The two sisters are now forced to be together, bound by their sense of duty and a promise they had made to their dying mother to take care and love each other. Now is the start of an overly complicated relationship of love, hate, revenge and the attainment of ultimate happiness as Yeu, in her journey through life with her sister, learns that only through coming to terms with the past will she realize where her heart, caught between two worlds and two loves, truly lies.
- Ms.Maricel Soriano as Carina Mojica dela Cerna (Nguyen Dang Thiem Yeu)
- John Estrada as Alexander dela Cerna
- Jay Manalo as Le Dinh Hien Hoang (Miguel)
- Jim Pebangco as Armando Custodio
- Rosa Rosal as Editha dela Cerna
- Chanda Romero as Vida Mojica
- Ilonah Jean as Emilia Custodio
- Tony Mabesa as Fidel dela Cerna
- Gilette Sandico as Nguyen Dang Thien Yeu (dying mom)
- Ricky Davao as Rodrigo Hernandez
- Gina Alajar as Amanda Hernandez
- Baron Geisler as Nguyen Vu Phong Luan Hoi/Billy (Isabel's father/young Vietnamese)
- Lollie Mara as Luz
- Assunta de Rossi as Adriana (mistress of Alex)
- Angelica Panganiban as Dang Thien Tin
- Jason Abalos as JR Rodriguez (Rodrigo's son)
- Janelle Quintana
- AJ Dee as Tran Him Hanh-Trinh
- Joseph Bitangcol as Paolo Custodio
- Michelle Madrigal as Faith dela Cerna
- Kathryn Bernardo as Young Carina dela Cerna
- Joshua Dionisio as Young Le Dinh Hien Huang (Miguel)