|Founder(s)||Kai Henniges, Jörg Boksberger|
|Industry||Video on Demand|
|Slogan(s)||Viewster – finest movies on demand|
|Available in||English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, etc.|
Viewster (official spelling: VIEWSTER) is a global provider of on-demand Internet streaming media. Viewster was founded in 2007 and has its headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. Viewster offers a range of ad-supported free movies.
To watch movies on Viewster neither external software nor registration is required.
Viewster AG was founded in 2007 by Kai Henniges and Jörg Boksberger in Zurich (Switzerland). Today Viewster has offices in Zurich, London, New York, Singapore, Adelaide. In 2011 the service was renamed from „Diva“ to „Viewster”.
Today Viewster’s Video on demand service is available in more than 120 countries and in more than 10 languages including English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish and Turkish.
According to internal numbers, Viewster reaches 29 million unique visitors per month.
Viewster licenced a collection of more than 5000 titles. These include Hollywood films as well as Independent films from many countries in the world. The number of available movies may vary from country to country due to nation-specific contracts with content owners. The movie spectrum ranges from Thrillers, Comedy, Science fiction, Romance films, Action films, Dramas to Horror films. On top of that Viewster offers a choice of Short films and Classics.
Movies and TV shows can be streamed worldwide via the website www.viewster.com.
iOS and Android
- Viewster AG: Introduction, 2011
- fierceiptv.com: DIVA AG adopts successful viewster brand across all operations, March 29, 2011
- corp.viewster.com: Viewster breaks into top rankings in the US and UK, March 22, 2013
- golem: Viewster bolsters TV offering with The Inbetweeners and Hundreds of More Great Titles, April 08, 2013
- Viewster FAQs: System requirements, 2012
- androidauthority.com: VOD Service gets new look, Android app, October 08, 2012