|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Vignan's Foundation For Science, Technology & Research University|
Vignan University logo
|Motto||Giving Young Dreams the Wings They Need|
|Vice-Chancellor||Vadlamudi Govardhana Rao|
|Principal||V MadhuSudhan Rao|
|Location||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Former names||Vignan's Engineering College (1997-2008)|
Vignan's Foundation For Science, Technology & Research University is a private university in the Guntur district Andhra Pradesh, India. It is in the rural area of Vadlamudi, on the southeastern part of Guntur City, a major centre with several colleges preparing students towards prominent entrance exams.
- 1 Campus
- 2 School of Engineering
- 3 Academics
- 4 Other academic activities
- 5 Student activities
- 6 Facilities
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The campus is located about 15 km from Guntur City. The main entrance is on the Guntur-Tenali Highway. Straight away, Administrative Block, A-Block is situated. Vignan NTR Library is just 10 meters from the main entrance. There is another entrance on the Guntur-Tenali Highway: Lara Entrance.
School of Engineering
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)|
- Bio Technology
- Automobile Engg.
- Textile Technology
School of Electronics
- Embedded Systems
- Communication & Signal Processing
- Digital Electronics & Communication Systems
- Data Communications & Networking
School of Computing
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Master of Computer Applications
School of Electrical
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Power Systems
School of Mechanical
- Machine Design
- Energy Engineering
School of Chemical
- Chemical Engineering
- Food Processing Technology
School of Biotechnology
- Biotechnology & Bio-Process Engineering
School Of Management Studies
- Master of Business Administration in
Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Systems Management
Other academic activities
Partnership with other universities
The university maintains vast academic friendship with other educational institutes around the world through faculty exchange programs. The institute has signed Memoranda Of Understanding (MOUs) with several foreign universities, resulting in cooperative projects and assignments of mutual benefit.
- Vignan University has signed an MoU with University of Massachusetts Lowell in the fields of Engineering and Management.
- Vignan University has a faculty exchange programme with Fraser Valley University in Canada and Napier University in Edinburgh, UK and many more.
The university has several departments across the disciplines of Engineering and Pure Sciences. A number of conferences, symposiums and workshops are organized by the faculty, attracting scholarly participation from all over India.
- Medical Image Registration of Brain Images
- Portable ECG System Design
- Modernization of Embedded and Real-time Computing Lab
- Garbage compactor
- Lifter for Mango Plucking
- Biliquid Solar Cooker
- Modernization of Power Converter Lab
- Hybridized Auto Rickshaw
- Solar Electric Battery Charger
- Energy Efficient Starter for DC Motor
- Automated Solar Street Light System
- Solar Power LED Lamp
- Hydroponics systems/soil less cultivation
- Anti microbial screening studies of selected medicinal plant species
- Experimental studies on edible mushroom varieties for nutrition value
- Extraction of biological fibers from selected plants and screening of their anti microbial activity
- Anti microbial screening studies selected medicinal plant species
- Bioremediation of textile dyes
- Micro controller based Intensive Care Unit
- Mobile Distributing / Vending Machine
- Pedal Powered Battery Charge
- Digital Water Level Indicator
- Path Finder
- Kely Len Auto Entry System
- ERP Development Software for the institute
and many mo
Mahotsav is an annual youth festival of Vignan University. In Sanskrit utsav means festival. Mahotsav draws the meaning "The Great Festival" for youth. The festival is traditionally held over three days. Sports, technical exhibition, cultural and literary competitions form part of the celebrations at which some 14,000 students from all over the country attend.
Vignan University, Vignan’s Lara Institute of Technology and Vignan Pharmacy College jointly host the colourful event in which students from Engineering, M.B.A, M.C.A and Pharmacy disciplines are expected to participate.
Vignan University students run a magazine called Voice - in which several technical, literal, and cultural matters, along with the university news, are discussed.
Several departments organize department festivals. Among those, ASSET (Association of Skillful and Sophisticated Electrical Technocrats) of Vignan, organised by EEE Students is Prominent.VAICTE, organised by CSE students. ECE students departmental event is VOICE.IT students departmental event is VLOGIC . RACE (Royal Association of Civil Engineering) organised by students of civil.
NTR Vignan Library
The artistically designed octagonal library with more than 40,000 volumes, plenty of audio-visual materials and about 200 national and international journals, is indeed a rich repository of knowledge facilitating prospects for future research. The library is completely air-conditioned with a seating capacity of about 600 students. A separate enclave is provided for research students. In addition, a reading room facility is provided.
The library is managed with a fully integrated multi-user library management software. Using this software, cataloguing as well as circulation services have been fully automated.
The UCO Bank along with its ATM operates from its premises near the Vignan Intermediate college which is opposite to the main gate.