From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up vignette in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Vignette is a word that originally meant "something that may be written on a vine-leaf." It may refer to:
- Vignette (graphic design), decorative designs in books to separate sections or chapters
- Vignetting in photography, any process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of an image
- Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting
- Vignette (road tax), a small, colored sticker affixed to motor vehicles in some European nations to indicate road tolls have been paid
- Vignette Corporation, a commercial software content management system, records and documents management system, portal, and collaboration tools company
- Vignette (vineyard), in viticulture, part of a larger consolidated vineyard.
- Vignette (philately), the central part of a stamp design
- Vignette (psychology), a short description of an event, behavior or person used in a psychology experiment to control information provided to participants
- Vignette, sometimes used to describe an image that is smaller than the original
- Vignette (model), a form of diorama
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.