|Elevation||638 m (2,093 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Vikarabad had a population of 42,258. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Vikarabad has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 57%. In Vikarabad, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places of interest around Vikarabad
- Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple, in Ananthagiri Village, 6 km from Vikarabad Mandal, Ranga Reddy District and 75 km from Hyderabad city.
- Ananthagiri Hills, 6 km from Vikarabad, has Anantha Padnabhanaba Swamy temple. It is one of the big forest area in Ranga Reddy district. It is the place where Musi river starts. There is also a TB hospital located on Ananthagiri hills, the second biggest TB hospital in AP.
Vikarabad is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
- 2009 G. Prasad Kumar (Indian National Congress)
- 2004 A.Chandra Shekar (Telangana Rashtra Samithi)
- 1999 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1994 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1989 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1985 A. Chandra sekhar (Telugu Desam Party)
- 1983 K.R.K. Swami (Indian National Congress)
- 1978 V.B. Tirumalaiah (Indian National Congress)
- 1972 V.B. Tirumalaiah (Independent)
- 1967 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- 1962 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- 1957 Marri Chenna Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1957 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- 1952 Marri Chenna Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1952 A. Ramaswami (Indian National Congress)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vikarabad.|
- Official site
- Birds of Ananthagiri Hills
- Butterflies of Ananthagiri Hills
- Flora of Ananthagiri Hills