Vikas Krishan Yadav
February 10, 1992 |
Singhwa Khas, Hisar district, Haryana
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||60 kilograms (130 lb)|
Yadav was born in Singhwa Khas village in Hisar district. His father Krishan Kumar Yadav is an employee in the Electricity Department. In 1994 he came to Bhiwani along with his father, who was transferred to this city. In 2003, Yadav joined the Bhiwani Boxing Club. Later, he received training in the Army Sports Institute at Pune. Presently, Yadav is an employee of the Haryana State Electricity Board.
In the 2010 Asian Youth Boxing Championships at Teheran in March, 2010 Yadav won a gold medal. He won a gold medal in the 2010 Youth World Amateur Boxing Championships at Baku in the Lightweight category, defeating Evaldas Petrauskas of Lithuania. On 24 August 2010, he won a bronze medal in the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics at Singapore in Lightweight category after being defeated by Evaldas Petrauskas of Lithuania. On 25 November 2010, in the finals of the 2010 Asian Games Lightweight category, he won gold medal defeating Hu Qing of China 5-4.
At the 2012 Olympics (results) Initial results said he edged out Errol Spence 13:11. Errol Spence appealed the verdict, and won the appeal. The match decision was overturned, with two penalties awarded to Vikas, and the final score standing at 13:15 in favour of Spence. The International Boxing Association ruled that Yadav intentionally spit out his mouthguard in the second round and committed nine holding fouls in the third round.
- "Vikas Krishan - Biography". AIBA website. Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- Sharma, Nitin (26 November 2010). "A boxer with chess player’s mind". Indian Express. Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- "Boxing bronze for Vikas Yadav". Hindustan Times. 25 August 2010. Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- Naik, Shivani (26 November 2010). "Vikas breaks boxing’s gold jinx, lands perfect 10th". Indian Express. Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- "One U.S. boxer still fighting after overturned result". Associated Press. August 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-04.