|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Vikhroli is a suburb of Mumbai. The suburb has a railway station by the same name on the Central Railway line. The station was built just before India's independence in 1947 to cater to the needs of the sprawling Godrej Complex in the vicinity. The railway line runs through the suburb dividing it into East and West, like many other areas in Mumbai.
Vikhroli lies somewhat in the centre of Mumbai and provides easy access to all cities through the roads that run through it. Agra Road, officially called the Eastern Express Highway connects it to Thane, Dadar, Chembur and Vashi. It is well connected by L.B.S. Marg on its western part which connects it to Bandra, Jogeshwari and other western suburbs.
Kannamwar Nagar on the eastern side of the railway station is known for buildings built by MHADA.
For years, the Vikhroli telephone exchange covered the vast area network from Ghatkopar to Thane. A proposal for a bridge has been made, which is to be built over the Thane creek from Kannamwar Nagar off the eastern express highway to Kopar Khairane in Navi Mumbai, thereby providing a much needed third bridge linking Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. The popular bus routes operating from this suburb are 394 and 397 (to kannamwar nagar), 353 (to wadala), 354 (to dadar), 388 (to seepz depot) and 185 (to jogeshwari). From vikhroli west, Route No 7 (to Backbay) is the most patronised.
Vikhroli is one of the peaceful suburb of Eastern Mumbai. Vikhroli has the best residential areas in the suburbs of Mumbai which comprises Raj Legacy, Lok Gaurav, Godrej colony, Tagore nagar, Kannamwar nagar. The Eastern Express Highway bisects the East Vikhroli into Tagore nagar and Kannamwar nagar, thereby providing effective mobility to the residents. On the West lies, areas such as Parksite Colony and Surya nagar.
Kannamwar Nagar is also one of the 56 Transit Camps developed by MHADA in Mumbai.
Tagore nagar and Kannamwar nagar residential areas are well covered up with greenery, playgrounds, gardens. Tagore nagar and Kannamwar nagar together has good number of residential Buildings. Builders such as Godrej. is approaching to change the face of Vikhroli. In the next 5 years Tagore Nagar will be an emerging locality as many builders are eyeing on its development.
Parksite is well known for its diverse population living together in harmony. There are 28 Municipal Buildings in Parksite Colony and several B.M.C. Quarters. The slum is the biggest problem for Parksite Colony. Many redevelopers are trying to develop Parksite and get it slum free.
There is also buildings coming up called Godrej Platinum, by the Godrej group. They are buildings of 30 story with swimming pool and other amenities. The work is likely to finish in 2014.
- Godrej Memorial Hospital
- Emergency Ambulance : +91 022 25749400.
- ICU : +91 022 66417141, +91 022 66417142, +91 022 25749300
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital
- contact : +91 022 25784267
- Address : Tagore Nagar, Vikhroli East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Mahatma Phule Municipal Hospital centre
- Address : Kannamwar Nagar Number 2
Soonabai Pirojsha Godrej Marine Ecology Centre (SPGMEC) helps you to explore the magnificent mangroves through guided Nature trails in Mangroves, Breathtaking view from towers, Visit to marine aquarium Interactive displays, posters, games in the Interpretation centre Presentations, talks and filmshows on Mangroves and associated wildlife Apart from Mangrove Awareness program Centre has developed modules on different topics such as
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Mangroves as Bio resources
- Combating Global Climate Change
- Butterflies around us
- Birds in Mangrove Environment
- Solid Waste Management
- Medicinal plants
- Udayachal High School, Vikhroli (East).
It is one of the best schools in Mumbai, focusing on all-round development of the students. Recently it received the International School Award 2012, conferred by the British Council, under its Connecting Classrooms programme.
- St. Joseph High School, Vikhroli (West).
- Vikas High School, Kannamwar Nagar, Vikhroli (East).
- Shree Siddhi Vinayagar English High School, Tagore Nagar, Vikhroli (East).
- Asmita College of Law
- MODERN HIGH SCHOOL PARKSTE VIKHROLI (w)
It is the first Minority school in Parkste Providing Urdu & Semi-English Medium Education.
While traveling by Railway from CST, previous Railway station is Ghatkopar & next is KanjurMarg.
- 394 : Kannamwar Nagar 2 > Vikhroli station (Share auto available)
- 397 : Kannamwar Nagar 2 > Vikhroli station (Share auto available)
- 354 : Kannamwar Nagar 2 > Ghatkopar Bus Stn > Amar Mahal > Sion > Dadar T.T./Plaza > Shivaji Park
- 388 : Kannamwar Nagar 2 > Ghatkopar Bus Stn > Kamani > Saki Naka > J.B.Nagar/Chakala > MIDC Police Stn > Seepz Bus Stn
- 185 : Kannamwar Nagar 2 > Vikhroli Stn > Tagore Ngr 3 > Powai > Saki Naka > J.B.Nagar/Chakala > Andheri Stn (E)/ Teli Galli
- 353 : Tagore Nagar 5 > Ghatkopar Bus Stn > Pant Nagar > Amar Mahal > Sion > Dadar T.T.> Wadala Bus Depot
- '387 : Parksite Vikhroli W > Ghatkopar Rly Stn(w)
- '453 : Tagore Nagar 2> Wadala Bus Depot> Mulund Cheknaka
- AS-3 : Cadbury Junction Thane> Vikhroli > Nehru Planetarium
- C-42 : Cadbury Junction Thane> Vikhroli > Sion, Mumbai
- 368 : Mulund Depot > Vikhroli > P.Thakre Udyan, Sewri
- 373 : Vaishali Nagar, Mulund > Vikhroli > Mahul Village
Roads connected to Vikhroli
CBay Remote Services Pvt Ltd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vikhroli.|