Vikrama Simhapuri University
|Vikrama Simhapuri University|
|విక్రమ సింహపురి విశ్వవిద్యాలయం|
|Motto||Satyam Gnanamanantham (సత్యం జ్ఞానమనంతం)|
|Chancellor||E. S. L. Narasimhan|
|Dean||P. Venkata Rao|
|Location||Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Vikrama Simhapuri University (VSU) is a university located in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, India. The university was established in 2008 with six courses. Now, the university is offering 17 Post Graduate courses in University College.
VSU doesn't have its own buildings. It is started with an administrative building at Dargamitta, Nellore. Regular classes are at V.R. High School Campus (Old Law College Campus), Nellore.
Campus construction is in process at Kakutur, Nellore in 87 acres (350,000 m2) provided by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
On April 12, 2010, the government of Andhra Pradesh passed a G.O. that all the colleges in Sri Potti Sriramulu Nellore district which at present affiliated to Sri Venkateswara University are affiliated to VSU. With these orders SVU PG Centre in Kavali, NBKR Engineering College in Vidyanagar, 52 degree and PG colleges, 12 MBA/MCA colleges, V.R. Law college, 12 B.Ed colleges, two oriental colleges in SPSR Nellore District came under VSU. Later on, NBKR Engineering college shifted its affiliation to JNTU Anantapur.
From the inception of this university, there is a lot of criticism in recruitment processes of teaching and non-teaching posts. Former Vice-Chancellor G. Rajarami Reddy mainly focused on recruitment than developing the infrastructure by making illegal appointments regarding teaching and non-teaching by violating University Grants Commission (India) norms and the university notification norms. As a result, the university is still not in a position to gain UGC 12(b) status. Also, while starting the new official website of the university with a new web domain simhapuriuniv.ac.in, the key people here grossly neglected securing and renewing the old official web domain simhapuriuniv.org result in misuse of the domain by some fake degree racketeers. This issue come into light on August 14, 2014. Even though after three months of the issue, the fake website is still running. This indicates the negligence of the university officials in safeguarding the interests of the university.
- Staff Reporter. "National / Andhra Pradesh : ‘New assignment'". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-04-11.
- "P.R. SivasankarRegistar". Vikrama Simhapuri University. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- sakshi. "Andhra Pradesh News : ‘VSU lo Akramaalu'". Sakshi (newspaper). Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- zaminryot. "Nellore News : ‘Avineethi Akramala batana Vikrama Simhapuri University'". zaminryot. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- Ravi kiran. "National / Andhra Pradesh : ‘Fake degree racketeers misuse VSU website'". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
- eenadu. "Special Stories : ‘Simhapuri Varsity perutho Dopidi'". Eenadu. Retrieved 2014-10-30.