From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Viktor Vasilyevich Gorbatko|
Viktor Gorbatko in Vologda (2011 year)
December 3, 1934 |
Ventsy-Zarya, Krasnodar Krai, Soviet Union
|Rank||Major General, Soviet Air Force|
Time in space
|30d 12h 47m|
|Selection||Air Force Group 1|
|Missions||Soyuz 7 Soyuz 24 Soyuz 37|
|Awards||Hero of the Soviet Union (2)
Order of Lenin (2)
After leaving the space program in 1982 he taught at the Air Force Engineering Academy in Moscow.
His multiple Soviet and Russian Federation awards include:
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union
- Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR
- Three Orders of Lenin
- Order of Friendship
- Order of the Red Star
- Medal "For Distinction in the Protection of the State Borders"
- Medal "For the Development of Virgin Lands"
- Jubilee Medal "50 Years of the Soviet Militia"
His foreign awards include:
- Hero of the Mongolian People's Republic
- Hero of Socialiat Labour (Vietnam)
- Order of Sukhbaatar (Mongolia)
- Order of Red Banner (Mongolia)
- Medal "50 Years of the Mongolian People's Revolution"
- Medal "60 Years of the Mongolian People's Revolution"
- Medal "50 Years of the Mongolian People's Army"
- Medal "60 Years of the Mongolian People's Army"
- Medal "40 years Khalkhin Golskoy Victory" (Mongolia)
- Medal "30 Years of Victory over Japan's Militarists" (Mongolia)
- Medal of Friendship (Mongolia)
- Medal "Brotherhood in Arms" (East Germany)
- Medal "Brotherhood in Arms" (Poland)
- Order of Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam)
- Media related to Viktor Gorbatko at Wikimedia Commons
|This Russian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a space explorer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|