|Town of Vilas|
Location in Baca County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated||June 25, 1888|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Land||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,154 ft (1,266 m)|
|• Density||892/sq mi (344.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP code||81087 (PO Box)|
|GNIS feature ID||0203869|
Vilas is located in east-central Baca County at  U.S. Route 160 passes just to the north of the town, leading west 11 miles (18 km) to Springfield, the county seat, and east 9 miles (14 km) to Walsh.(37.374134, -102.446928).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 110 people, 45 households, and 31 families residing in the town. The population density was 844.3 people per square mile (326.7/km²). There were 51 housing units at an average density of 391.4 per square mile (151.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 93.64% White, 3.64% Native American, and 2.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 13.64% of the population.
There were 45 households out of which 26.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.3% were married couples living together, 11.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.1% were non-families. 26.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.44 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the town the population was spread out with 21.8% under the age of 18, 12.7% from 18 to 24, 21.8% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 20.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 96.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $34,167, and the median income for a family was $41,250. Males had a median income of $33,750 versus $55,417 for females. The per capita income for the town was $15,198. There were no families and 6.0% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 6.1% of those over 64.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Archived from the original on 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Archived from the original on 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Vilas town, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vilas, Colorado.|