The cover of Village 1104 by Prateek Arora.
|Cover artist||Prateek Arora|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover & Paperback)|
Village 1104 is a fiction book written by the youngest author and social activist in India- Prateek Arora. The book is a first-person narrative which revolves around a professor- Abhimanyu Shergill and 4 children- Sid, Rishabh, Murari and Priya. Prateek, in this book, talks about the various kinds of pressure an Indian student has to go through- parental pressure, peer pressure and gender-biases. The book narrates how these 4 failures in the city land in a village which is not even significant enough to get a name in the directory of the Indian Government. Prateek shows how these four failures combine to make a success for the village, which, at the end is known all over the country for the drastic change it goes through because of the four children that visited it.
- Abhimanyu Shergill
- Sukhlal ji
- Mr. Bhandari
- Mrs. Bhandari
- Mr. Bhardawaj
About the Author
Village 1104 was the debut book for Prateek Arora who wrote it at the age of 16. The book got coverage in 7 major newspapers in India. Prateek calls this version of the book as "The Reviewer's Edition"- the edition through which he wants to collect reviews from all the readers. Knowing how the readers want the book to be, he shall publish the next edition of the book in April, 2010. As of 20 March 2010, Prateek said in one of his interviews, that he had recieived a huge number of reviews by the readers and now had a clear image of what the next edition would be like. With this edition aldready out, newspapers and journals have named him as Budding Young Author of India and The Boy Born With A Pen
- The Deccan Chronicle, 16 March 2010, Jyoti Verma, "Born with a pen", New Delhi
- The Hindu, 16 March 2010, Poonam Kumar, "School notes", New Delhi
- The Asian Age, 16 March 2010, Jyoti Verma, "Born with a pen-how to strike a balance between your inner passion and your studies"
- Born with a pen, Jyoti Verma, Deccan Chronicle 
- Budding young writer of DPS RK Puram 
- Born with a pen, Asian Age 
- World News-Born with a pen
- The Hindu, March 16, 2010 
- Indiatimes, March 2010