Villains in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
The villains of the Power Rangers universe that appeared in the television series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the film Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie were aliens serving or allied to Rita Repulsa and/or, later, Lord Zedd, including the warrior Goldar. Information about the other villains can be found below.
For the purposes of this article, the mini-series Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers is considered to be a part of the third season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Villains from the movie, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, while they are covered in this page, are not considered part of Power Rangers television continuity.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Seasons 2 and 3
- 3 Foot Soldiers
- 4 Movie
- 5 Monsters
- 6 References
Rita Repulsa was the primary antagonist for the first season, and later returned during the second to marry Lord Zedd. She is a witch who is the daughter of the first evil monarch of the MG-51 planet Master Vile. She has a brother named Rito and, via Zedd, a son named Thrax.
It is revealed in Power Rangers Turbo that Divatox is a friend of Rita. When she asks Rita for advice on how to defeat the Power Rangers on the phone, Rita retorts that if she had known how to do that she would not be in her current predicament, and she holds the phone up to Lord Zedd's face, who is heavily snoring in his sleep.
Goldar is a lion-faced, griffin-themed knight who is the second-in-command for both Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd. In season one, he sometimes fights alongside Scorpina, whom he may have been in love with, but not developed well unlike the Grifforizer/Lami relationship in Zyuranger. In season three and later on, he is often partnered with Rito Revolto. Spin describes him as a "big freak with wings".
Goldar leads Rita Repulsa's first invasion against the Earth. However, he soon faces the Power Rangers and is beaten by their Megazord after an intense fight. He also becomes notable for telling Rita what to do frequently, and always promises that they will get revenge for their schemes' failures. He also has been called a "bumbling fool" by Rita in "A Star is Born", and is scolded vehemently by Rita in "Happy Birthday, Zack", being called a "worthless misfit" and a "dweeb". This pattern also happens when Lord Zedd is introduced as well; in addition to insulting the now apparently incompetent golden warrior, he often blames Goldar for his own failures, and has a habit of silencing him (and Squatt and Baboo) frequently. Ever since then, Goldar fights the Rangers and their Zords, growing a strong hatred for Jason and Tommy, the Red and Green Rangers, for their continual victories in single combat. Goldar also has a Zord of his own known as Cyclopsis, an ancient war machine, but this Zord is defeated by the Rangers' Ultrazord after a prolonged battle. He is also involved in one of Bulk and Skull's more memorable encounters with a monster, in which Goldar (giant sized) picks up a bus with the two inside.
When Lord Zedd arrives on the Moon, Goldar eagerly abandons Rita for Zedd, regaining his wings in the process. As Zedd's right hand man, Goldar leads many missions for him, encountering Tommy (now the White Ranger) again and again. Each time they fight, the White Ranger would best him, sending Goldar back to Zedd in disgrace. When Rita returnes to the moon and marries Zedd, Goldar is aghast and quite suspicious of his master's supposed return of feeling for Rita. When he finally discovers it is a sham(thanks in some part to Rito's loose lips), he immediately sets out to make things right and has Finster create an antidote for the love spell that Rita used. Unfortunately for Goldar, it is revealed that Zedd has come to love Rita on his own, potion or not. Even after Rita drops her secret plans of usurping Zedd, Goldar still has a massive dislike for her. Often paired with Rito Revolto, Goldar is disgusted by the skeleton's stupidity (and stench), though the two eventually formed a friendship. Goldar is also essential in Lord Zedd's powering of the Shogun Zords, as he soundly defeats Ninjor, allowing Zedd to capture and use him as a power source for the Shogunzords.
In Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers, Goldar and Rito plant a bomb outside of the Command Center, but it is defused by Alpha 5. Goldar also played a role in the destruction of the Ninja power coins. Later, Goldar and Rito are sent to the Command Center, having been given a map of the Command Center's basement, and attempt to destroy the Command Center with an implosion device. The bomb goes off, destroying the Command Center. Just before the implosion device goes off, Goldar steals the Zeo Crystal with the help of Rito. In Power Rangers Zeo, the Rangers discover the Zeo Crystal in the ruins of the Command Center, surmising that Rito and Goldar must have dropped it. Rito and Goldar also lose their memories (and in Goldar's case, his wings), and end up wandering around Angel Grove. They eventually find Bulk and Skull, and end up becoming their butlers in exchange for food and shelter. Zedd and Rita eventually find them and restore their memories (and Goldar's wings). They return to their employers and help them in their quest to destroy the Machine Empire. Goldar's final appearance is in the final episode of Power Rangers in Space, "Countdown to Destruction". Unlike Rito, Goldar goes with Zedd and Rita to the Cimmerian Planet for Dark Specter's conference, where he is responsible for revealing Andros' identity as a Power Ranger by removing his cloak. He is later present in their invasion of the Vica Galaxy, helping to subdue the Gold Ranger. It's not shown what happens to Goldar following Zordon's destruction as the subsequent energy wave either destroys or purifies the other villains.
In the alternate continuity of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, Goldar serves Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa, but when Ivan Ooze shows up, Mordant and he switch sides almost automatically after Ooze traps both Rita and Zedd in a snowglobe, depriving them of their powers. He thinks Kimberly is cute, and when the time comes, he flys away as Ivan takes Angel Grove Tower out of the Ground. In this film, he's portrayed as a bumbling sidekick, very similar to Squatt in the main series. At the very end following Ivan Ooze's destruction, Goldar had taken over the palace and calls himself King Goldar. Soon a furious Rita and Lord Zedd shows up to punish both him and Mordant.
Squatt and Baboo
Squatt is a servant of Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa, the dimwitted sidekick of Baboo. Squatt is a short, blue-skinned hobgoblin-like creature with a large horn. He wears metal armor, and is said to be a mix between a blueberry and a warthog. Squatt is rather excitable, and may act like an eager child when Rita has a plan or when the Rangers are having trouble in a battle. Squatt is easily frightened by his bosses' bad tempers. He is a coward, and rather than fight, he and Baboo often accompany Goldar, Scorpina, and monsters as they attack the Earth, cheering them on. However, he often goes to Earth when there is no fight going on, because his main duties are acting as a spy and saboteur, as shown in episodes like "Switching Places", "Foul Play in the Sky", "Calamity Kimberly", and "Rita's Seed of Evil". Squatt's birthplace is given as Myrgo, Venus.
Baboo is the more intelligent of a dimwitted duo consisting of him and Squatt. He is tall, slim, black, and possibly a vampire, and resembles a cross between a monkey and a vampire bat with crippled wings. Like Finster, he mainly works behind the lines. Though spineless and scatterbrained, he is highly creative. He serves as Rita's alchemist and potion maker, creating substances and devices for her to use. Notable creations include a time device, a punk potion, the monster Shellshock, and the Nasty Knight's sword. Baboo is rarely confident in his mistress' plans, but would never say this to her face. Like Squatt, he is somewhat cowardly, often going to Earth to scheme or cheer on Goldar and/or Scorpina in battle rather than taking part in a fight himself. Baboo's birthplace was given as the Planet of the Pongies.
When Lord Zedd took over as the main villain in the second season, Squatt and Baboo's roles were greatly reduced. Though still living in the palace, they mainly watch events in the throneroom from behind a wall and offer occasional comments. Both participate in Zedd and Rita's wedding. In the third season, they are pure comic relief.
Squatt and Baboo disappear during the Power Rangers Zeo series, when fleeing from the Machine Empire with his masters. Squatt was seen in "Countdown to Destruction". However, Squatt was never actually seen reduced to sand or purified by Zordon's wave. Baboo or at least an alien that looks like him can be seen in the first episode of Power Rangers S.P.D., where Jack and Z are handing out clothes.
Finster is a shy henchman of Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd, though mostly the former. He resembles an anthropomorphic white Scottish Terrier. During the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, he is primarily responsible for creating a new monster to battle the Power Rangers in each episode, as well as producing a regular supply of Putty Patrollers, although this function falls to Lord Zedd after his appearance. Finster does did this by sculpting the monsters out of clay and "cooking" them in a special oven/kiln/machine called the Monstermatic in his workshop. Not only is he skilled at supplying monsters and henchmen for his leaders, he is also shown to be a skilled alchemist and potion maker (similar to Baboo) and inventor, supplying many kinds of potions and gadgets. He is also extremely brilliant and somewhat all-knowing, as he is also able to provide wisdom for Rita and Zedd. Near the end of the episode "Crystal of Nightmares", it is implied by Goldar that Finster thought using the Crystal is a good idea, while Goldar denies it (calling him an "overgrown rat" in the process). He is the one responsible for making the suggestion that Alpha 5 be used in "delivering the message of evil", as Rita Repulsa had called it, in "The Wedding".
When Lord Zedd takes over as the main villain in Season 2, Finster is suddenly made obsolete. Zedd makes his own monsters, though after Pirantishead (Zedd's first monster) is destroyed, Finster comments that he could have done better with the monsters he could've created for Zedd. Finster laments his current status in the villains, missing the good old days with Rita. When Rita returns from her exile, Finster helps her return to power – restoring her size, making her look younger and creating a love potion to get Zedd to marry her so she can manipulate him before destroying him as revenge for casting her away in space. He quickly noticed the love potion he created had some side effects, when Rita had a hard time trying to manipulate Zedd as he devoted his time with her.
In the third season and the Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers mini-series, Finster returns to making monsters. His love potion is first accidentally revealed to Rito and eventually Goldar learns the truth. He forces Finster to make the antidote for Zedd. Though the antidote worked, he is just as surprised as anyone to find, though, that Zedd actually did love Rita.
At the start of the Zeo season, Finster joins Zedd and Rita in fleeing the oncoming forces of the Machine Empire. He later returns with his masters and builds several machines for them. In "Rangers of Two Worlds, Part 1", Finster makes a new wand for Rita which is absurdly more powerful than the previous one, as it creates a monster that is too strong even for the Zeo Ultrazord. Finster is presumably reduced to sand by Zordon's energy wave in Power Rangers in Space's two-part final episode "Countdown to Destruction", or possibly turned into a human, like several other villains were. Finster's birthplace was given as the distant planet Claydoious.
While working for Rita and Zedd, Finster is never really an evil character, but rather an eccentric artist. He at one point even says, "sometimes it's no fun being a bad guy".
Finster is voiced by Robert Axelrod.
Scorpina is a human-scorpion hybrid and is one of Rita Repulsa's most ruthless and dangerous minions aside from Goldar. Though the Scorpina/Goldar relationship in MMPR is significantly less developed than the Grifforzer/Lami relationship of its Japanese counterpart, Goldar and Scorpina have shown affection toward each other, where Goldar is shown to be protective of her. She has a human form (a beautiful Asian woman with long black hair wearing a somewhat tight golden scorpion armor) but has a hideous scorpion monster form when Rita makes her gigantic.
Very little is actually known about Scorpina. Her first appearance was in the Green with Evil story arc. She is an old friend of Rita Repulsa, and according to Squatt and Baboo, did horrible things. Much like Goldar, she would often square off against Jason when sent to battle the Rangers, and overwhelmed them with ease. She fights with a crescent-shaped sword that can be thrown like a boomerang. Scorpina eventually finds rivalries in Kimberly and Trini they prove to be more adept in their fighting skills. When in giant form, she loses any human appearance and often fights alongside Goldar. Scorpina once used her pet silkworm to fight the Power Rangers.
In "The Mutiny, Part 1" at the start of the second season, Scorpina is seen among Rita's group. When Lord Zedd arrives and causes the palace to shake, Scorpina is seen going to help Rita who has just fallen to the ground. She then disappears after Zedd punished Rita for her failure by shrinking her and casting her away in a space dumpster. Though Scorpina's disappearance was unexplained, it was presumed she didn't want to work for Lord Zedd after what he did to Rita and kept her distance. She later resurfaces in "Goldar's Vice Versa", as a favor for Goldar. Scorpina was one chance to defeat the Rangers by Lord Zedd. To accomplish this, she poses as a human girl named Sabrina to try to ensnare Adam Park and turn him against his friends, though it failed as Aisha suspected her from the start. Revealing herself as Scorpina, she was forced to take both of them hostage, though the other Rangers arrived in time to save them. She even grows to giant-size and battles the Thunder Megazord, but soon retreats after being overwhelmed by the new and improved Zords herself. Presumably when Lord Zedd learned of Scorpina's failure to defeat the Rangers, he had her destroyed.
Appearing as a floating, demonic, ethereal, blue head, the powerful Lokar changes Mutitus to his more powerful form and assists in sending the Power Rangers to the Island of Illusions. He is an old friend of Rita and she called on him for a favor to defeat the rangers. After destroying Mutitus, the Power Rangers attack Lokar with the Ultrazord, but he manages to escape. Lokar is seen teleporting away just after the blast hits and Jason says, "We'll get him next time".
Lokar is later summoned again when Goldar goes into battle with his extremely powerful War Zord, Cyclopsis ("Doomsday, Parts 1 & 2"). Lokar, heavily scarred from the Ultrazord attack, recreates the War Zord when it falls to the Power Rangers' attack and then aids Cyclopsis in its next two battles against the Power Rangers, but disappears forever when Cyclopsis is destroyed by the Ultrazord.
Lokar was played by Masahiko Urano and voiced by Robert Axelrod.
Seasons 2 and 3
Tom Oliver (clone)
Tom Oliver (portrayed by Jason David Frank) is an exact clone of Tommy Oliver that was created and put under a spell by the Wizard of Deception to serve as the Evil Green Ranger for Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa. He is referred as "Tom" to differentiate himself from Tommy Oliver. Tom wears a green bandana with a ponytail behind his head.
In a battle with some Putties, Tommy was knocked unconscious, and the Wizard cut a lock from his hair and turned him into an evil clone, imbued with the Green Ranger powers. The clone tricked the other Rangers into meeting him in an isolated spot, where the Wizard sent them back to colonial Angel Grove. He then confronted Tommy, who was suffering a headache, caused by some of his powers being used to recreate the Green Ranger. The two Rangers fought each other to a draw until the Wizard intervened, zapping Tommy with his wand, causing him to demorph and lie in a coma. The Green Ranger then went to the Command Center to threaten Zordon, and then unleashed the Dragonzord on Angel Grove.
When Tommy was revived, he summoned his White Tigerzord to defend the city, but Dragonzord, energized by the Wizard's evil, soundly beat him. Tommy then stole the Wizard's wand, went back to rescue the other Rangers, and brought them back to summon the Thunder Megazord and deal with the Dragonzord. He then destroyed the Wizard, breaking the spell on the Green Ranger, whom he now called Tom.
Tom was sick with remorse, but Tommy convinced him that he could still do good. Tom broke the spell on Dragonzord and sent him back to the sea. The White and Green Rangers went back in time to colonial Angel Grove to destroy the Rat Monsters the Wizard had created to torture the other Rangers. Afterwards, Tom decided to stay in colonial Angel Grove so he could do some good things for the citizens, keeping yet the Green Ranger's powers.
Rito Revolto is a skeleton who was Rita Repulsa's brother and the secondary henchman for her and Lord Zedd in the third season, often partnered with Goldar. Though he was not seen in "Countdown to Destruction", he was possibly reduced to sand by Zordon's Wave or he was purified since Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd were purified as well.
Master Vile, was the father of Rita Repulsa and Rito Revolto. He was a tall demon-like being with large ear-like appendages and wore a dark cloak that had snakes seen emerging from it and wielded a magic wand. His home planet is called Gamma Vile, which was in the M51 galaxy. His personality is that of a crotchety old man. He's a very cunning villain overall, but is very comical. He also appears to be something of a coward. Master Vile and Lord Zedd have a personal, yet obvious dislike for each other.
Master Vile arrived on the moon in search of the legendary Zeo Crystal during the third season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. He very nearly succeeded with the aid of an energy-draining monster he created and called the Blue Globber. After capturing Ninjor, the Crystal and the Rangers' Zords, Vile decided to throw an "End of the World Party" in the Angel Grove Youth Center before he would use the Zeo crystal to destroy the earth. However, Vile throwing his party gave the rangers the time and opportunity to locate and retrieve their Zords. Vile grew to giant size after Ninjor regained his energy and joined the Rangers in their battle against the Globber. Although his monster was destroyed, Vile survived the finishing attacks of both the Shogun and Ninja Megafalconzord, and still managed to retreat despite not appearing to be that badly hurt. On his retreat to the moon, he considered the failure nothing more than a minor setback and decided to stay.
Vile later summoned his old ally Dischordia (a monster that uses dance to control her victims) to battle the Rangers, and she nearly succeeded in taking control of the Rangers' minds. Vile was foiled once again, as Dischordia met her end courtesy of Ninjor and the Shogun Ultrazord.
Vile then summoned the Orb of Doom to the Earth, which he used to revert the Rangers to powerless children. He prevented Lord Zedd, Rita, Goldar, and Rito from destroying Angel Grove, revealing that he had more plans for the Earth. He sent a selection of monsters to invade the planet, led by his field general, Professor Longnose. When the invasion was thwarted by the Aquitian Rangers, Vile threw a tantrum and fled back to his home galaxy, where he claimed "the bad guy always wins". Zedd was overly happy to be rid off Vile to the point he actually kissed an annoyed Goldar.
After being overthrown by the Machine Empire, Rita called her father and begged him to let them stay with him. Vile reluctantly agreed knowing that his daughter would be bringing "that husband of hers" and told them not to wake him when they arrive. Master Vile also stated that the Machine Empire was worse than he was.
Master Vile appeared in the Power Rangers Zeo comic book, in which the forces of the Machine Empire attacked his planet looking for Lord Zedd (who was in possession of Power Coin energies the Machine Empire was seeking). In the end, Master Vile handed the energies over to the Machine Empire despite the Rangers' attempts to stop the Machine Empire from getting them. The Power Coin energies subplot went unresolved.
Master Vile was last seen on the Cimmerian Planet, attending Dark Specter's conference. He was most likely purified (like his daughter) or destroyed by Zordon's Wave during the battles that succeeded the conference.
Vile was the first villain to receive the "semi-independent villain" position - a role which would later be filled by Louie Kaboom, Prince Gasket, General Havoc, Captain Mutiny, Mandilok, and some of the monsters in S.P.D.
- The Monsters that attended Master Vile's End of the World Party at the Youth Center are Fighting Flea, Slippery Shark, Oysterizer, Robogoat, Invenusable Flytrap, Vampirus, Artistmole, Centiback, Hate Master, Miss Chief, Incisorator, See Monster, Garbage Mouth, Brick Bully's second form, and Dischordia.
- Monsters at Master Vile's conference are Crabby Cabbie, See Monster, Brick Bully's second form, Miss Chief, Lanterra, Arachnofiend, a clown dog monster, a large blue stitched monster, a furry brown tiki masked monster, and a white swirly monster.
Master Vile was voiced by an uncredited Tom Wyner. He was based on the character Yōkai Daimaō, who was the ultimate antagonist in Kakuranger.
Hydro Hog is the nemesis of the Aquitian Rangers and the main antagonist of Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers. He was known as the Emperor of the Dark Waters on Aquitar for his evil ways. He was known for having destroyed many planets. His main power is to consume all the water available before the Aquitian Rangers can get to it, leaving them dehydrated.
The Hydro Hog was too powerful for the Aquitian Rangers to destroy, and he was the only villain capable of withstanding the Shogun Megazord's Fire Saber, actually completely blocking the slash before it hit him. However, he was eventually defeated by the Shogun Megafalconzord. He was the first archvillain to be destroyed in battle, later followed by King Mondo. Hydro Hog is also the only monster and/or archvillain to be destroyed by the Shogun Megafalconzord.
The Putty Patrol is the standard army unit deployed by Rita Repulsa during the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. They are based on the Golem Soldiers in Zyuranger. Though neither particularly strong, intelligent, nor resiliant, their basic power of numbers allow them to be a regular challenge to the Power Rangers. Occasionally, some of them were encountered that seemed a little smarter (Jason at one point fought one that was able to drive a car). Putties are mass-produced in Finster's monster making machine through use of steam-pressured molds and then sent through the monster machine in large numbers. Putties do have some manner of spoken language, though it is incomprehensible to humans, coming across as strings of garbled noises.
There had been some special Putty Patrollers that had been exclusive to each of Rita Repulsa' monsters.
- In "Trick or Treat," Pumpkin Rapper is assisted by Putty Patrollers who have pumpkins for heads.
- In "Football Season," Rhinoblaster has some Putty Patrollers that are trained at football and make up his football team.
- In "Mighty Morphin' Mutants", Goldar trains six Putty Patrollers to fight like the Power Rangers. When one of them fails the training, Goldar teleports that Putty Patroller back into Finster's clay pot. The other five Putty Patrollers are given the Badges of Darkness which turn them into the Mutant Rangers, evil counterparts of the Power Rangers. These Putties become the Green, Black, Pink, Blue, and Yellow Mutant Rangers while Finster creates Commander Crayfish to use in place of their Red Ranger. The Pink and Yellow Mutants are destroyed by the Power Blaster while the Green, Black, and Blue Mutants are later destroyed in combat with the Ultrazord along with Commander Crayfish.
The Super Putties are the stronger versions of regular Putty Patrollers. They were mentioned in "Life's a Masquerade" and later appeared in "Gung Ho!" They were made from the Super Putty that Rita Repulsa and her minions mined.
The Z-Putties are Lord Zedd's own army of Putties created directly from Zedd's magic. Despite being stronger than Rita's putties, their main weakness is the "Z" on their chests, which causes them to disintegrate when hit. Following this discovery, Z-Putties become less effective than Rita's, as Zedd sacrifices durability for strength. In season three, the Putties and Z-Putties are replaced by Rito's own army of foot soldiers the Tenga Warriors.
In the Power Rangers in Space episode "Flashes of Darkonda," a Z-Putty is seen at the Onyx Tavern. An army of Z-Putties assists Rita and Zedd in their invasion on Triforia during "Countdown to Destruction".
The Tenga Warriors are Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa's new crow-like foot soldiers with them being wedding gifts from Rito Revolto. They are the only grunt soldiers to have their own theme song "Tenga Bye Bye". Throughout Season 3, the Rangers are never seen battling these grunt soldiers in civilian form, but used their Ninja Ranger or Power Ranger forms instead. The Tengas also have the power of speech. The Tenga Warriors effectively replace the Putties because they cannot be destroyed easily as they can.
In Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, Ivan Ooze had virtually identical soldiers called the Tengu Warriors, but created from his loogie instead of eggs. Like their TV counterparts the Tengus are shown to have the power of speech.
Ivan Ooze is a fictional character in the Power Rangers universe, who appears as the primary antagonist in the film Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995). He was played by Paul Freeman. Though Ivan is depicted as pure evil, he has a comical and charming side to him shown throughout the movie, typical of other villains in the series. He has his own troops of soldiers including Ooze-Men that are easily destroyed by the Rangers and winged creatures called Tengoo (based on the Japanese myth of the Tengu) which he blew up when they failed to kill the Power Rangers.
Ivan Ooze was a tyrant 6,000 years ago, until he was imprisoned in an egg-shaped Hyperlock Chamber by Zordon and a small group of young warriors, who presumably were the precursors to the modern Power Rangers. When his hyperlock chamber is unearthed by an Angel Grove construction crew, Ivan was released by Lord Zedd after 6,000 years of imprisonment. Apparently, he was most angered by the boredom of his lengthly imprisonment, being forced to miss several disasters throughout Earth's history such as the Black Death, the Spanish Inquisition, and the 1981 reunion of The Brady Bunch. Ivan proceeds to demolish the Command Center and fatally injure Zordon and Alpha 5, leaving the Rangers powerless to morph, fight or even call their Zords.
After rendering the Rangers powerless, Ivan travels to the moon, and betrays both Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa, trapping them within a snowglobe, much to their dismay. Their henchmen Goldar and Mordant then swear allegiance to Ivan rather than join Rita and Zedd in captivity. Ivan then begins brainwashing the parents of Angel Grove into digging up and repairing his Ecto-Morphicons (large insect-like machines similar to the Rangers' Zords) Hornitor and Scorpitron which he turns loose to rampage in Angel Grove. After this, he tells the parents to go and "leap to their doom", but the parents' children, with some help from Bulk and Skull, stop them.
After the Rangers gain the Great Power, they return to Angel Grove and battle Ivan's machines with their new Ninja Zords. Using these Zords, they are able to destroy Scorpitron. An enraged Ivan combines with Hornitor, and takes on the Rangers himself. The battle progresses into outer space, and though Ivan consistently has the upper hand, he is destroyed when the Ninja Falcon-Megazord knees him in the groin, which sends him flying into the path of Orion's Comet, which happens to be passing the Earth at this time.
Mordant is a pig-like henchman in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. Together with Goldar, he defects from Lord Zedd to join Ivan Ooze, when Ivan imprisons Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa in a snowglobe. After the destruction of Ivan Ooze, when Goldar claims he is now the leader of the group, Mordant follows him willingly, until Rita and Zedd return from their imprisonment.
Mordant is not featured in the television series in any manner and is created for the film, but he also appears in Marvel Comics' adaptation of the film and television series. In an early draft of the script as well as in some merchandise, he is identified as Goldar's second cousin, three times removed, on his mother's side, visiting for the summer.
Ivan Ooze's foot soldiers, made from his own ooze. Their name is not mentioned in the movie proper, but they are instead referred to as Ivan's "kids" just seconds before he forms them. The Rangers managed to defeat them.
The monsters of Season One are created by Finster using his Monstermatic. They are adapted from the monsters featured in Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger with the exception of the last 15 monster. To make them grow, Rita throws her wand to Earth which emits energy that causes the Earth to shake and then enlarges the monster.
- Bones (voiced by Tom Wyner) - Bones is a skeleton monster created by Finster. Bones could detach his head and have it fly. He also could recreate himself after falling apart. If his head is destroyed, the rest of him follwos.
- Skeleton Warriors - A bunch of skeletons that are the foot soldiers of Bones
- Giant (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A giant knight that is summoned by Rita. Destroyed by Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
- Mighty Minotaur (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A minotaur monster created by Finster that wielded a spiked club and a shield. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- King Sphinx (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A sphinx monster created by Finster. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Gnarly Gnome (voiced by Steve Kramer) - A musical goblin/gnome monster created by Finster. He had the ability to become invisible and his accordion to hypnotize people. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Pudgy Pig (voiced by Dave Mallow) - A ravenous pig monster created by Finster. It can eat anything, but cannot handle spicy food; the rangers took advantage of this to make him spit up their weapons. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Eye Guy (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A multi-eyed monster. Destroyed by Megazord the first time. Destroyed by the White Tigerzord the second time.
- Terror Toad (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A toad monster created by Finster. Destroyed by Pink Ranger's Power Bow.
- Madame Woe (voiced by Alex Borstein) - An elemental witch monster and was an old friend of Rita Repulsa. She mistoke Billy's girlfriend for a Power Ranger, and captured her. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Mr. Ticklesneezer (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A troll/elf monster created by Squatt from Trini's doll in her dream. he has the power to shrink anything and put it in a bottle as part of his collection of neat things.
- Snizard (voiced by Bryan Cranston in the first appearance, Bob Papenbrook in the third appearance) - A snake/lizard monster with cobra-headed hands created by Finster. Destroyed by Pink Ranger's Power Bow.
- Chunky Chicken (voiced by Robert Axelrod) - A chicken monster created by Finster. Destroyed by Megazord.
- Genie (voiced by Tom Wyner) - An evil wolf-like genie released by Squatt and Baboo after they obtained its lamp from Canine 4 of the Wolf's Head Galaxy.
- Knasty Knight (voiced by Tom Wyner) - An evil knight summoned by Rita as a twisted idea of a birthday present for Zack. Destroyed by Megazord.
- Pineoctopus (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A pineapple/octopus monster created by Finster. Destroyed by Megazord.
- Dark Warrior (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A stealthy ninja monster created by Finster. Destroyed by Megazord.
- Shellshock (voiced by Richard Epcar) - A turtle monster created by Squatt and Baboo. Shellshock had a traffic light atop its body which created speed and freeze spells. For hand weapons, he had a hook and a baseball bat with a ball, as well as a large cannon in his shell. Destroyed by Dragonzord and Tyrannosaurus.
- Spidertron (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A spider monster created by Finster when Rita heard of Zack's fear of bugs (especially spiders). Destroyed by the Dragonzord's Battle Mode.
- Spitflower (voiced by Mike Reynolds) - A flower-eating insect monster created by Finster. It can swallow countless flowers and made them into energy-sucking carnivorous plants. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Frankenstein's Monster (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A humanoid monster (resembling the monster it's named after) created by Finster. Destroyed by the Dragonzord's Battle Mode.
- Mutitus (voiced by Richard Epcar) - A powerful undead-looking monster summoned by Rita along with Lokar; it was later upgraded into a more dragon-like monster. Destroyed by MegaDragonzord.
- Rockstar (voiced by Tony Oliver) - A rock monster created by Scorpina. He can fire boulders that pinned his victims under them. Destroyed by the Mirror of Destruction.
- Samurai Fan Man (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A samurai monster created by Finster. Destroyed by the Ultrazord.
- Babe Ruthless (voiced by Richard Epcar) - A baseball-themed pixie monster created by Finster. He could fire lightning bolts from his gloves and throw balls at the Rangers. Destroyed by the Dragonzord's Battle Mode.
- Weaveworm (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A silkworm monster created by Finster and used by Scorpina. it was used during Rita's nap day, when she didn't attack earth. Destroyed by MegaDragonzord.
- Fang (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A monster created by Finster that was obsessed with Gooney Bird eggs. Destroyed by Ultrazord.
- Cyclops (voiced by Richard Epcar) - A cyclops monster created by Finster. It is a doppelgänger which can assume the form of anyone including the Zords. Destroyed by Ultrazord.
- Hatchasaurus (voiced by Kirk Thornton in the first appearance, Steve Kramer in the second appearance) - A bird/dinosaur monster created by Finster. No matter how much the Power Rangers had destroyed Hatchasaurus, Cardiatron keeps reviving it stronger than ever until Hatchasaurus was in its second form complete with horns and spikes. Destroyed by Ultrazord the first time. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord and White Tigerzord the second time.
- Polluticorn (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A flying unicorn monster created by Finster. He was sent to litter the planet. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Twin Man (voiced by Bryan Cranston) - A reflective monster created by Finster. He used his powers to turn the Putties into duplicates of the Rangers and took the guise of the Red Ranger as part of a plot to give the Power Rangers and their identities a bad reputation. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Goatan the Storm-Bringer (Lion Head voiced by Richard Epcar, Goat Head voiced by Tony Oliver) - Goatan is a Chimera-like monster with a lion head, arms, and torso, a goat head on the chest and goat legs, and a snake tail. He is also known as the Storm Bringer as he was able to summon blizzards, tornadoes, and even hurricanes at will. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Octoplant (voiced by Brianne Siddall) - A plant monster planted by Squatt. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Goo Fish (voiced by Robert Axelrod) - A fish monster. He can immobilize anyone with his venom and glue people's feet to the ground with its goo. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Fighting Flea - A flea monster created by Finster. He can make anyone itch and can shoot needles. Destroyed by the Megazord. Comes back in Season 3, but he and a few of the other monsters dislikes working with Rito, as they see him as an idiot.
- Jellyfish Warrior (voiced by Richard Cansino) - A jellyfish monster created by Finster. He can teleport and emit venom that can eat through the Power Rangers' suits. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Mantis - A praying mantis monster created by Finster. An expert at preying mantis kung fu. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Dramole (voiced by Kirk Thornton in the 3rd appearance) - A mole monster created by Finster. Dramole had the ability to travel underground without being detected and he made a gas to hypnotized people, his gas cause the adults attending 'Parent's Day' enter a zombie-like trance. Destroyed by the Ultrazord the first time. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord the third time.
- Grumble Bee (voiced by Dave Mallow) - A bee monster created by Finster. Grumble Bee could generate energy from his wings and his buzzing can deafen the Rangers. His venom could also eat through the Ranger's suits. Destroyed by the Megazord the first time. Destroyed by the White Tigerzord the second time.
- Two-Headed Parrot (voiced by Robert Axelrod) - A two-headed parrot monster created by Finster. Its second head is on its chest. Destroyed by the Ultrazord.
- Peckster (voiced by Scott Page-Pagter) - A woodpecker monster. He destroyed skyscrapers with just a few pecks. With his large wings, he could blow anything away. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Lizzinator (voiced by Dave Mallow) - A superstrong lizard monster created by Finster. Lizzinator's body was made of super-metals from another galaxy. He had super stink breath and was hard to defeat. Destroyed by the Ultrazord.
- Pumpkin Rapper (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A pumpkin monster planted by Squatt and Baboo. Destroyed by the Power Blaster the first time. Destroyed by the White Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord the second time.
- Slippery Shark (voiced by Steve Kramer, substituted by Scott Page-Pagter) - A hammerhead shark monster created by Finster. Destroyed by the Megazord.
- Soccadillo (voiced by Brianne Siddall) - An armadillo monster created by Finster. It could turn into a ball and attack the Rangers. Destroyed by the Megazord the first time. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord second time.
- Rhinoblaster (voiced by Richard Epcar) - A rhinoceros monster created by Finster. Rhinoblaster had a Putty Football Team and sent the Rangers into another dimension. Destroyed by the MegaDragonzord.
- Commander Crayfish (voiced by Tom Wyner in the first appearance) - Commander Crayfish was a crayfish monster that led the Mutant Rangers (whom were Putties using the Badges of Darkness). He was chosen to lead the Mutant Rangers when no Putty was worthy of becoming the Red Mutant Ranger being entrusted with the power of the Red Badge of Darkness. He wielded a similar version of the Red Ranger's Power Sword. The Pink and Yellow Mutants were destroyed by the Power Blaster. Commander Crayfish and the Green, Black and Blue Mutants were destroyed by the Ultrazord.
- Oysterizer (voiced by Scott Page-Pagter) - An oyster monster awakened by Rita. Destroyed by the Megazord.
The monsters of Season 2 are created by Lord Zedd from an animal, plant, or object. They are adapted from Gosei Sentai Dairanger except for the first 10. It is stated that the monsters created by Lord Zedd are much stronger than the ones that Rita had Finster create. To make a monster grow, Lord Zedd conjure a grenade and throws it to Earth where the monster catches it and slams it into the ground which then enlarges the monster.
- Pirantishead (voiced by Scott Page-Pagter) - A piranha monster created by Lord Zedd from a piranha. He froze four of the original zords and took control of the Tyrannosaurus and Dragonzord. He could take control of any machine such as Bulk and Skull's ATVs. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Primator (voiced by Paul Schrier in the first appearance, Richard Epcar in the second appearance) - A shape-shifting baboon monster created by Lord Zedd from Zack's ape costume. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Saliguana (voiced by John C. Hyke in the 1st appearance, Bob Papenbrook in the 3rd appearance) - An iguana/salamander monster created by Lord Zedd from Ms. Appleby's iguana. He can breathe fire and extend its tongue. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Bloom of Doom - A multi-eyed flower monster created by Lord Zedd from some flowers. Her pollen could burn through the Ranger's suits and cause damage to their sinuses. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Robogoat (voiced by Steve Kramer) - A mythical cyborg goat monster brought to life from an illustration in Tommy's "Myths and Legends" book by Lord Zedd. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Octophantom (voiced by Eddie Frierson) - An octopus/elephant monster created by Lord Zedd. Octophantom had a jar that could capture the Ranger's powers. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Stag Beetle (voiced by Wendee Lee) - An energy-draining stag beetle monster created by Lord Zedd from a drawing on a Stone Canyon broomball flyer outside the Youth Center. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Invenusable Flytrap (voiced by Richard Epcar in the 3rd appearance) - A Venus Flytrap monster created by Lord Zedd from a Venus Flytrap on Venus Island. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Guitardo (voiced by Tony Oliver) - A guitar-playing cicada monster created by Lord Zedd from a cicada that was near Kimberly's guitar. Destroyed by the Pink and Green Ranger's respective weapons.
- Turbanshell (voiced by Barbara Goodson) - A mollusk monster created by Lord Zedd from a large and unusual shell that Kimberly found at Angel Grove Lake. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Pipebrain (voiced by Brad Orchard) - A trophy monster created by Lord Zedd from the Golden Pipe Karate Trophy. Destroyed by the Red Dragon Thunderzord.
- Trumpet Top (voiced by Dave Mallow) - An illusion-casting trumpet monster created by Lord Zedd from Curtis' trumpet. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Mirror Maniac - A mirror monster created by Lord Zedd from a mirror that Tommy had given to Kimberly. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel - A monster created by Lord Zedd from a stone fist statue in Angel Grove Park. Destroyed by the MegaTigerzord.
- AC and DC - The assistants of Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel. Destroyed by the MegaTigerzords.
- Pursehead - A purse monster created by Lord Zedd from a purse that a Z-Putty stole from Kimberly. Destroyed by the White Ranger.
- Lipsyncher (voiced by Alex Borstein) - A lipstick monster created by Lord Zedd from Trini's "Siren Song Red" lipstick that was in Kimberly's purse at the time. Destroyed by the Red Dragon Thunderzord.
- Magnet Brain (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A magnet monster created by Lord Zedd from Billy's polarizer. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Key Keeper - A key monster that was assigned by Lord Zedd to be the gatekeeper to Zedd's Haunted Forest.
- Doomstone (voiced by Tom Wyner) - A tombstone monster that lives in Zedd's Haunted Forest.
- Terror Blossom - A flower monster created by Lord Zedd from some flower petals. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Beamcaster (voiced by Dave Mallow) - A radio-themed monster created by Lord Zedd from Bulk's energy output meter and a fishing pole that belonged to Skull's dad. Destroyed by the Power Blaster.
- Four Head (voiced by Alex Borstein) - A four-headed monster created by Lord Zedd from an art class sculpture in Angel Grove High. Destroyed by the Thunder Ultrazord.
- Silver Horns - A tick monster created by Lord Zedd from a tick. Destroyed by the Thunder Ultrazord.
- Skelerena (voiced by Tom Fahn) - A skeletal hyena monster created by Lord Zedd from the hyena picture on the cover of a magazine in the Youth Center that Shawn had been using to write a paper. Destroyed by the Power Cannon.
- Scatterbrain - A kaleidoscope monster created by Lord Zedd from a kaleidoscope that Adam had dropped. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Pachinko Head - A pachinko monster created by Lord Zedd from Ernie's pachinko. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Showbiz Monster - A video camera monster created by Lord Zedd from a camera that was backstage at "The Harvey Garvey Show." Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Flamehead - A flame monster created by Lord Zedd. Flamehead could blow fire from its mouth. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Cannontop (voiced by John C. Hyke) - A cannon monster created by Lord Zedd from a toy cannon that originally belonged to Billy's younger cousin. Destroyed by the MegaTigerzord.
- Weldo (voiced by Eddie Frierson) - A robot monster created by Lord Zedd. In his only brief appearance in the entire series, Weldo had been sent by Zedd to retrieve the Bookala's Lightning Diamond. Destroyed by the Blue Ranger.
- Evil Bookala - A monster created by Lord Zedd from a duplicate Bookala doll. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Jaws of Destruction (voiced by Chuck Kovacic) - A saw monster created by Lord Zedd from a saw in Angel Grove High's shop class. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Tube Monster (voiced by Brad Orchard) - An inner tube monster created by Lord Zedd from an inner tube that Bulk and Skull were using. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Photomare - A camera monster created by Lord Zedd made from a Polaroid camera. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Wizard of Deception (voiced by Tony Oliver) - A time-traveling wizard summoned by the Ghost of Darkness on Rita's behalf. Destroyed by the White Ranger.
- Rat Monsters - Three rat monsters created by the Wizard of Deception from three rats. The rodent menaces attacked the colonial-time Angel Grove.
- Snow Monster - A yeti-like monster from the "Grumble the Magic Elf" book that does not like trespassers on his mountain valley. He is a recolored and fur-added version of Primator.
- Turkey Jerk - A robotic turkey monster accidentally created by Bulk and Skull and brought to life by Lord Zedd. It can wield a ray gun in battle. Parts of Turkey Jerk's suit originally belonged to Chunky Chicken (now unplucked). Destroyed by the Power Cannon.
- Mondo the Magician (voiced by Mike Reynolds) - Mondo the Magician was a fictional character in a book titled "Grumble the Magic Elf." He was mentioned to have been an old friend of Rita Repulsa. Destroyed by the Thunder Megazord.
- Needlenose - A cactus monster created by Lord Zedd from a rare species of cactus (classified as "cactal vocifera spinoctera") that Tommy gave to Kimberly as a gift. Needlenose had paralyzing spore needles. Destroyed by the MegaTigerzord.
- Vase Face (voiced by Brianne Siddall) - A vase monster created by Lord Zedd from a sculpture Tommy made in art class. Destroyed by the White Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord.
The monsters of Season Three created by Finster and monsters created by Lord Zedd. They were adapted from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. To make a monster grow, Lord Zedd would cross his staff with Rita's wand and both items would emit energy that enlarges the monster.
- Repellator (voiced by Michael McConnohie) - A monster created by Finster. He is a recolored and tongue-added version of Silver Horns. Got infected by Kimberly's flu and had to go to Finster for help. Destroyed by the White Tigerzord and Thunder Megazord.
- Vampirus - A monster whose egg was brought to the Moon Palace by Rito. Destroyed by Ninjor and the Ninja MegaFalconzord.
- Artistmole - An artist-themed badger/mole monster created from Kimberly's dream by Finster's Dream Device. Destroyed by Ninjor and the Ninja MegaFalconzord.
- Lanterra (voiced by Mike Reynolds in the 1st appearance, Brian Tahash in the 3rd appearance) - An Oriental lantern monster created by Lord Zedd from an Oriental lantern. Destroyed by the Ninjor and the Ninja MegaFalconzord.
- Marvo the Meanie (voiced by Robert Zachar) - An elf/mushroom monster accidentally created by Rito (using Lord Zedd's staff) from Mr. Wilton. Destroyed by the Ape Ninjazord.
- Centiback (voiced by Brad Orchard) - A football-playing centipede monster created from Finster's magic centipede and a football. Destroyed by Ninjor and the Ninja Megazord.
- Face Stealer (voiced by Scott Page-Pagter) - An ancient Kahmalan face-stealing monster that was trapped in a vase. Destroyed by the Ninja Ultrazord.
- Hate Master (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A spell-casting, rap-speaking monster created by Lord Zedd and Rita from Finster's evil seeds. Using sand gathered by Squatt, Hate Master filled most of the Rangers except for Aisha with hate. Destroyed by Titanus and all six Ninjazords.
- Miss Chief - A love-themed monster created by Finster, which only obey Rito out of a love potion she used to spread chaos for the rangers. Destroyed by the Ninja MegaFalconzord.
- Katastrophe the Cat Monster (voiced by Catherine Sutherland) - A cat/fox monster created by Rita from Kat's cat form. Destroyed by Ninjor and the Ninja MegaFalconzord.
- Incisorator (voiced by Oliver Page in the 1st appearance, Richard Epcar in the 2nd appearance) - A monster created by Lord Zedd. Incisorator's suit is a hybrid of three monster suits. It has the head of Kakuranger monster Nurarihyon (unused in this season), the body of Merrick the Barbaric, and the cape of Birdcage Vagabond (unused in Season Two).
- See Monster (voiced by Brian Tahash) - A monster created by Finster. He flashed people by opening his coat and zapped them with the eyes that are on the inside of his coat. He can also emit thought waves. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- Crabbie Cabbie (voiced by Michael Sorich) - A taxicab monster created by Lord Zedd (using Finster's vehicular transformer apparatus) from a taxi cab that Kimberly, Bulk, and Skull were in. Destroyed by the Shogunzords.
- Garbage Mouth (voiced by Matt K. Miller) - A garbage-based lizard monster created by Finster. Garbage Mouth could project exploding energy blobs at his enemies. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- Ravenator (voiced by Brad Orchard) - A large-mouthed, hunger-inducing monster created by Finster, intending to make Tommy eat until he couldn't move. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- Brick Bully (voiced by Richard Epcar in the 1st appearance, Brian Tahash in the 2nd appearance) - A brick monster created by Rita by accident. When it ate more bricks, it assumed a more mobile form. Destroyed by the Blue Shogunzord.
- Sinister Simian (voiced by Brianne Siddall) - An ape monster created by Lord Zedd from Kat's chimpanzee Kelly.
- Blue Globbor (voiced by Eddie Frierson) - An energy-draining slime monster created by Master Vile. It tookm on similar appearances of those it drained energy from, forming a physical link to Ninja; anyone Globber was linked to became a human shield. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord and Ninjor.
- Dischordia - A singing monster used by Master Vile. Dischordia's singing abilities were increased by Master Vile so that she can control the Power Rangers. Destroyed by the Shogun Ultrazord.
- Professor Longnose - A long-nosed monster who is one of Master Vile's generals. He was summoned by Master Vile to fight the Aquitan Rangers following Professor Longnose conquering a Dark Galaxy star. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- Parrot Top (voiced by Matt K. Miller) - A green aquatic monster summoned by Master Vile.
- Slotsky (voiced by Jimmy Theodore) - A robot monster created by Lord Zedd from Billy's broken regenerator device. Destroyed by the Battle Borgs.
- Barbaric Brothers - Eric and Merrick are twin surfer monsters that were used by Lord Zedd to poison the waters of Angel Grove to keep the Aquitan rangers dehydreated. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- Bratboy (voiced by Paul Schrier) - A child monster created by Lord Zedd and Rita from the young Bulk; though they changed Bulk back into Bratboy, his relation forced them to undo the spell out of annoyance.
- Witchblade - A witch monster who was an old friend of Lord Zedd; however, she blundred in trying to keep the Aquitans out of water. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- Arachnofiend (voiced by Julie Maddalena) - A spider monster created by Lord Zedd from a spider in Billy's garage. Mostly seen in the dark, Arachnofied grew extra body mass upon growing. Destroyed by the Shogun Megazord.
- McCormick, Patricia S. (1995-02-12). "TELEVISION; . . . And a Parents' Guide to the Politics of Angel Grove". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers". Spin. June 1995. p. 80. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Hooked On Power". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Gritten, David (1995-06-28). "Oberon to Ooze--It's All in a Day's Work". LA Times. Retrieved 2010-08-22.