The Villanova Wildcats men's lacrosse team represents Villanova University in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I men's lacrosse. The Wildcats were elevated to the varsity level in 1981 after competing as a club sport since 1961. Villanova currently competes as a member of the Big East Conference and plays their home games at Villanova Stadium in Villanova, Pennsylvania. 2009 Villanova Men's Lacrosse Quick Facts (PDF), Villanova University, retrieved May 14, 2009.</ref> Villanova competed as an independent until joining the Colonial Athletic Association in 2002; winning the CAA tournament for their first title in 2009. The fourth-seeded Wildcats were the lowest-seeded champions in conference tournament history but had qualified for conference tournament for the fifth year in a row. Villanova also made their first NCAA tournament appearance in 2009 but lost in the first round to the top-seeded Virginia, 18–6.
- ^ BIG EAST Announces the Formation of Men's Lacrosse League for 2010 Season, Villanova University, June 11, 2008.
- ^ The Villanova Wildcats won another Big East Championship for the 2013 season.
- ^ Villanova claims first CAA title with 10-9 win over Towson, Inside Lacrosse, May 2, 2009.
- ^ Villanova Secures First CAA Men's Lacrosse Title, National Collegiate Athletic Association, May 3, 2009.
- ^ Virginia crushes Villanova, 18–6, faces Hopkins in next round, The Baltimore Sun, May 11, 2009.