|Population||79 (Dec 2012)|
|- Density||92 /km2 (238 /sq mi)|
|Area||0.86 km2 (0.33 sq mi)|
|Elevation||548 m (1,798 ft)|
|Surrounded by||Cheseaux-Noréaz, Cuarny, Yvonand|
Profile (French), SFSO statistics
Villars-Epeney has an area, as of 2009[update], of 0.9 square kilometers (0.35 sq mi). Of this area, 0.67 km2 (0.26 sq mi) or 77.9% is used for agricultural purposes, while 0.15 km2 (0.058 sq mi) or 17.4% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.05 km2 (12 acres) or 5.8% is settled (buildings or roads).
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 3.5% and transportation infrastructure made up 2.3%. Out of the forested land, 16.3% of the total land area is heavily forested and 1.2% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 68.6% is used for growing crops and 8.1% is pastures, while 1.2% is used for orchards or vine crops.
The municipalities of Cronay, Cuarny, Pomy, Ursins, Valeyres-sous-Ursins and Villars-Epeney are considering a merger on at a date in the future into the new municipality with an, as of 2011[update], undetermined name.
Coat of arms
Villars-Epeney has a population (as of December 2012[update]) of 79. As of 2008[update], 7.1% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1999–2009 ) the population has changed at a rate of 50.9%. It has changed at a rate of 49.1% due to migration and at a rate of 1.9% due to births and deaths.
The age distribution, as of 2009[update], in Villars-Epeney is; 4 children or 5.0% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 13 teenagers or 16.3% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 8 people or 10.0% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 14 people or 17.5% are between 30 and 39, 15 people or 18.8% are between 40 and 49, and 15 people or 18.8% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 5 people or 6.3% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 2 people or 2.5% are between 70 and 79, there are 4 people or 5.0% who are between 80 and 89.
As of 2000[update], there were 20 private households in the municipality, and an average of 2.5 persons per household. There were 7 households that consist of only one person. Out of a total of 20 households that answered this question, 35.0% were households made up of just one person. Of the rest of the households, there are 2 married couples without children, 9 married couples with children There were 2 single parents with a child or children.
In 2000[update] there were 7 single family homes (or 46.7% of the total) out of a total of 15 inhabited buildings. There were 2 multi-family buildings (13.3%) and along with 6 multi-purpose buildings that were mostly used for housing (40.0%).
In 2000[update], a total of 20 apartments (87.0% of the total) were permanently occupied, while 2 apartments (8.7%) were seasonally occupied and one apartment was empty. As of 2009[update], the construction rate of new housing units was 12.5 new units per 1000 residents. The vacancy rate for the municipality, in 2010[update], was 0%.
The historical population is given in the following chart:
In the 2007 federal election the most popular party was the SVP which received 33.04% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the FDP (17.39%), the SP (12%) and the LPS Party (10.96%). In the federal election, a total of 34 votes were cast, and the voter turnout was 64.2%.
As of 2010[update], Villars-Epeney had an unemployment rate of 7.3%. As of 2008[update], there were 5 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 2 businesses involved in this sector. 1 person was employed in the secondary sector and there was 1 business in this sector. 2 people were employed in the tertiary sector, with 2 businesses in this sector. There were 24 residents of the municipality who were employed in some capacity, of which females made up 50.0% of the workforce.
In 2008[update] the total number of full-time equivalent jobs was 8. The number of jobs in the primary sector was 5, all of which were in agriculture. The number of jobs in the secondary sector was 1, in construction. The number of jobs in the tertiary sector was 2, of which 1 was a technical professional or scientist.
From the 2000 census[update], 15 or 30.0% were Roman Catholic, while 31 or 62.0% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. 4 (or about 8.00% of the population) belonged to no church, are agnostic or atheist.
In Villars-Epeney about 13 or (26.0%) of the population have completed non-mandatory upper secondary education, and 9 or (18.0%) have completed additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the 9 who completed tertiary schooling, 44.4% were Swiss men, 44.4% were Swiss women.
In the 2009/2010 school year there were a total of 12 students in the Villars-Epeney school district. In the Vaud cantonal school system, two years of non-obligatory pre-school are provided by the political districts. During the school year, the political district provided pre-school care for a total of 578 children of which 359 children (62.1%) received subsidized pre-school care. The canton's primary school program requires students to attend for four years. There were 2 students in the municipal primary school program. The obligatory lower secondary school program lasts for six years and there were 10 students in those schools.
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 17 September 2013
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (German) accessed 25 March 2010
- Nomenklaturen – Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz (German) accessed 4 April 2011
- Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (German) accessed 17 February 2011
- Flags of the World.com accessed 23-August-2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Superweb database - Gemeinde Statistics 1981-2008 (German) accessed 19 June 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 23-August-2011
- STAT-TAB Datenwürfel für Thema 40.3 - 2000 (German) accessed 2 February 2011
- Canton of Vaud Statistical Office (French) accessed 29 April 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB - Datenwürfel für Thema 09.2 - Gebäude und Wohnungen (German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Bevölkerungsentwicklung nach Region, 1850-2000 (German) accessed 29 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Nationalratswahlen 2007: Stärke der Parteien und Wahlbeteiligung, nach Gemeinden/Bezirk/Canton (German) accessed 28 May 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Betriebszählung: Arbeitsstätten nach Gemeinde und NOGA 2008 (Abschnitte), Sektoren 1-3 (German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Statweb (German) accessed 24 June 2010
- Organigramme de l'école vaudoise, année scolaire 2009-2010 (French) accessed 2 May 2011
- Canton of Vaud Statistical Office - Scol. obligatoire/filières de transition (French) accessed 2 May 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Villars-Epeney.|