|Died||August 22, 1977
|Known for||Hindi Cinema|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Vimi was a Punjabi girl who married Shiv Agarwal, son of an Industrialist. Music Director Ravi got introduced to her at a party in Calcutta and later invited her and Shiv to Mumbai. He introduced them to B. R. Chopra and that is how Vimi got her first film.
After separating from her husband Shiv, Vimi started living with small-time film producer Jolly but her film career never picked up. She soon turned to alcohol which killed her. She died on August 22, 1977 in Mumbai.
Vimi debuted opposite Sunil Dutt in B. R. Chopra-directed Hamraaz in 1967. The film was a hit but did not help her career. She appeared with Shashi Kapoor in Patanga (1971) and Vachan (1974). She was the leading lady in Aabroo (1968) opposite Deepak Kumar.
Songs picturised on her:
- Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Wada Karo
- Na Muh Chupaake Jiyo - Hamraaz 
- Neele Gagan Ke Tale Film: Hamraaz (1967)
- Kisi Pathar Ki Moorat Se-Hamraaz(1967)
- Aap Se Pyar Hua - Aabroo
- Jinhe Hum Bhulna Chahe - Aabroo
- Thoda ruk jayegi to tera kya jayega - Patanga (1971)
- Hamraaz (1967)
- Aabroo (1968)
- Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai (1969)
- Patanga (1971)
- Guddi (1971)
- Kahin Aar Kahin Paar (1971)
- Vachan (1974)
- Premi Gangaram(1978)
- The Times of India directory and year book including who's who. Bennett, Coleman & Co. 1979. p. 241.