Vinayaka Missions University
|Vinayaka Missions University|
|Motto||Vision, Wisdom, Unity|
|Vice-Chancellor||V. R. Rajendran|
|Location||Salem, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Rural and urban|
|Affiliations||UGC,DEC,AICTE-UGC-DEC JOINT COMMITTEE|
Vinayaka Missions University (VMU) formerly Vinayaka Mission's Research Foundation is a higher education institution based in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India. In the year 2001 the "University" status was conferred on Vinayaka Missions by The Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, with the recommendations of the UGC (Established Under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) as an acknowledgement of its excellence, satisfaction of the highest level of academic standards and best infrastructural facilities provided to achieve preeminence in education and by virtue of this recognition Vinayaka Missions trascended to becoming Vinayaka Mission‘s University (VMU) as the 48th University in India.
Vinayaka Missions had its inception in the year 1981 with the establishment of the Thirumuruga Kirupananda Variyar Thavathiru Sundara Swamigal (TKVTSS) Medical Educational and Charitable Trust. In 1982, the founder-chairman A. Shanmugasundaram instituted the Vinayaka Mission‛s College of Pharmacy in Salem, the pioneer institution of Vinayaka Missions.
Vinayaka Missions University runs research in the fields of Medicine, Dentistry, Paramedical Sciences, Homeopathy Medicine, Engineering, Technical and Management Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and Sciences.
Annapoorana Engineering college
Annapoorana Engineering College (AEC), SALEM is a private Engineering College started in 2010 under the auspices of Thirumuruga Kirupananda Variyar Thavathiru Sundara Swamigal (TKVTSS) Medical Educational and Charitable Trust. About 10 km from New Bus Stand at Salem and 2 km off Ariyanur (national highway NH-47 leading to Covai). Under the able guidance and patronage of A. SHANMUGA SUNDRAM, Chairman, VINAYAKA MISSION’s, the college has developed excellent facilities and resources such as spacious classrooms, seminar halls, well-equipped laboratories, workshops, well-stocked libraries, dedicated highspeed internet connectivity (broadband) and well-qualified faculty.
The Directorate of Distance Education commenced its programmes in 2005 with the objective of widening access to higher for diversified learners at national and global levels. Distance Education Council of IGNOU has accorded post-facto recognition of all its distance education courses in 2008. All distance education programs of Vinayaka Missions University have been accorded recognition and approval by UGC DEC AICTE tripatriate committee.
- Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College & Hospitals -
- Vinayaka Missions Medical College & Hospitals - Karaikal
- Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospitals - Pondicherry
- Vinayaka Missions Sankarachariyar Dental College - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College - Salem
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology - Chennai
- Vinayaka Missions College of Pharmacy - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions College of Physiotherapy - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions College of Arts and Science - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions Annapoorana College of Nursing - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions College of Nursing - Karaikal
- Vinayaka Missions College of Nursing - Pondicherry
- Vinayaka Missions School of Nursing - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions College of Education - Pondicherry
- Vinayaka Missions Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions College of Physical Education - Salem
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Pondicherry Campus
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Salem Campus
- Penang International Dental College - Malaysia
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Management Studies - Chen
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Computer Applications - Chennai
- Vinayaka Missions College of Paramedical Sciences - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions College of Paramedical Sciences - Pondicherry
- Vinayaka Missions School of Radiology - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions School of Lab Technology - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions college of mcom
- Vinayaka Missions Annapoorana College of Education - Salem
- Vinayaka Missions Annapoorana Institute of Teacher Training - Salem
- Annapoorana Engineering College, salem - 636309 - affiliated to ANNA University
- Annapoorana Medical College And Hospitals, Salem - Affiliated to Dr.MGR University
Vinayaka Missions University has a strong commitment to promoting social justice and progress through honoring students and teachers within the university, and making exemplar role models honorary members of the Vinayaka Missions University alumni.
On July 6, 2008, Vinayaka Missions University chancellor Dr. A. Shanmuga Sundaram conferred an honorary doctorate in philosophy on MIC deputy president Datuk Seri G. Palanivel for his contribution to politics and the Indian community in Malaysia. Also present was Malaysian consul-general in Chennai, Anuar Kasman. The former Deputy Women, Family and Community Development Minister is the first Malaysian to receive the doctorate from the Vinayaka Missions University at its inaugural convocation at its campus in Salem, India.
- [.http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/deemed%20universities/vinayakamission.html ":::Deemed University - University Grants Commission :::"]. ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- [.https://docs.google.com/gview?url=http://www.ignou.ac.in/upload/ignoudocs/DEC/Post%20Facto%20Recognition.doc&embedded=true ":::Distance Education Council - IGNOU;University Grants Commission :::"]. http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/dec/recognition/postfactolist. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- [.http://www.ignou.ac.in/upload/Recogniton%20Status%20of%20SOUs%20&%20DEIs.pdf ":::UGC AICTE DEC Tripatriate Committee"]. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Honorary doctorate for Palanivel". The Star. 12 July 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vinayaka Missions University.|