Aboubakar with Porto in 2014
|Date of birth||22 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Yaoundé, Cameroon|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Yaoundé, Aboubakar began his career with Cotonsport Garoua. In the 2009–10 season, he was promoted to the club's senior team in the Elite One league. On 26 May 2010, Aboubakar signed with Valenciennes FC in France. He was assigned the number 9 shirt and made his debut in the club's opening league match of the season against Nice appearing as a substitute. He scored his first goal and hat-trick against Boulogne in Coupe de la Ligue. In 2009 Aboubakar scored 2 goals in the Final of the U-18 World Cup with Cameroon.
Aboubakar signed for Porto on 24 August 2014, signing a four-year contract for a fee of €3m, equivalent to 30% of his economic rights. He scored a late equalising goal in the Champions League on 10 December in a 1–1 draw with Shakhtar Donetsk.
On 18 August 2009, Aboubakar was called up to the Cameroon national under-20 football team squad for the Francophone Games in Beirut. In May 2010, he was named to the Cameroon 23-man squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Aboubakar was the only player in the squad that was based in Cameroon. He made his debut in the friendly match on 29 May 2010 against Slovakia.
On March 5, 2014 Aboubakar scored in an International friendly against Portugal.
As well as being named for the 2010 World Cup squad, was also named for the 2014 World Cup squad.
- Valenciennes recrute à Quevilly
- "Aboubakar vers Lorient" [Abubakar to Lorient]. France Football (in French). 26 June 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Porto beat Hull to the signing of Vincent Aboubakar". Sky Sports. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "FC Porto snap up striker Aboubakar". ESPN. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Porto 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk". BBC. 10 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- Football: Le Cameroun prépare les jeux de la de la Francophonie BEYROUTH 2009
- Cameroon backs Eto'o for WCup By Emmanuel Tumanjong, Associated Press Writer
- World Cup 2010: complete provisional squad lists guardian.co.uk, Thursday 13 May 2010 14.29 BST
- Cameroon draws late with Slovakia - World Cup News - FOX Sports on MSN