||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
16 May 1965 |
Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales, U.K.
Regan was born in Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales, on 16 May 1965, the son of Irish immigrants. As a youth he moved to Ireland with his parents, but returned to Britain and attended St Joseph's College, Ipswich, Suffolk before attending the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts in London.
Regan has over 15 stage roles to his credit, most recently as Achilles in Troilus and Cressida at the Edinburgh International Festival. In association with the Royal Shakespeare Company, the festival presented director Peter Stein's strongly cast and visually striking production. He is best known for Ancient Greece-based films 300, in which he played the Captain, Troy, where he played Eudorus, Achilles' second in command, and Clash of the Titans, in which he played King Cepheus. In 2012, Regan has appeared in films such as Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Lockout, and Snow White & the Huntsman.
Regan is also a screenwriter and director, developing projects for his own film company. His script, Come Like Shadows, is an accessible but classic interpretation of Macbeth headlining Sean Bean and Tilda Swinton, will be directed by John Maybury. He also appeared briefly as a sexually confused character in British series The Street.
In 1999 Regan received an Irish Best Actor nomination for his co-starring performance in the award-winning miniseries Eureka Street.
In 2013 he will also guest star in the first episode of Series 10 of New Tricks.
On February 9th 2014, he played the Duke of Savoy in the 4th episode of the 2014 BBC series The Musketeers.
- 1992 – Unwanted Woman (TV film)
- 1993 – Paul Calf's Video Diary (TV film)
- 1994 – 99-1 (TV film)
- 1994 – Black Beauty as: Sleazy Horse Dealer
- 1996 – Hard Men as: Tone
- 1998 – B. Monkey
- 1998 – Biblické příběhy: Jeremiáš (TV film)
- 1999 – The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc as: Buck
- 2000 – Ordinary Decent Criminal as: Shay Kirby
- 2001 – Murphy's Law as: Hatcher
- 2001 – Plan to kill
- 2001 – Black Knight as: Percival, Leo's Chief Henchman
- 2002 – Messiah 2 (TV film)
- 2004 – Troy as: Eudorus
- 2005 – ShakespeaRe-Told "Macbeth" as: Duncan
- 2005 – Unleashed as: Raffles
- 2007 – 300 as: Captain Artemis
- 2006 – Low Winter Sun (TV film)
- 2007 – Marple: At Bertram's Hotel (TV film)
- 2009 – Eva
- 2008 – Bathory as: Ferenc Nadasdy
- 2010 – Clash of the Titans as: Cepheus
- 2010 – The Big I Am as: Barber
- 2010 – Bonded by Blood as Michael Steele
- 2010 – The Holding as Aden
- 2011 – Outside Bet as Jago
- 2012 – Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance as Toma Nikasevic
- 2012 – Lockout as Alex
- 2012 – Snow White & the Huntsman as Duke Hammond
- 2012 – St George's Day as Albert Ball
- 1996 – Call Red
- 1998 – Invasion: Earth
- 1999 – Eureka Street
- 2001 – Rebel Heart
- 2002 – Rescue Me
- 2003 – Plan Man
- 2003 – 40
- 2005 – Empire
- 2007 – The Street as Charlie
- 2007 – Inspector Lewis as David Hayword
- 2009 – The Prisoner (miniseries)
- 2010 – Spooks
- 2010 – Strike Back as Matlock
- 2011 – Camelot
- 2011 – Scott & Bailey
- 2011 – Inspector George Gently
- 2012 – Strike Back: Vengeance (Season 3) (2012) as Karl Matlock
- 2012 – Silent Witness
- 2012 – Hit & Miss as John
- 2013 – Starlings as Stephen
- 2014 – Midsomer Murders as Professor Philip Hamilton
- 2014 – The Musketeers as the Duke of Savoy
Regan is married to actress Amelia Curtis; and they have one daughter, Esme (born in 2006 or 2007). He has another child born to Alexandra Pell, Chloe (23 April 1991).
- "Vincent Regan's delight as Beverley's 'East Riding Theatre' set to open at Old Chapel". This is Hull and East Riding. 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Hit & Miss: Meet the Cast and Characters". Sky. 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2012.