Wetta was born in Wichita, and lived in Wellington, where he worked as a conductor/engineer with the Burlington Northern-Santa Fe (BNSF) Railway Company from 1966 to 2006. He graduated from Wichita State University with a BA in Political Science in 1996. He is married with three children.
Wetta has served as President and on the Board of Directors of the Panhandle Federal Credit Union, as well as being a member of the Crusader Club, Knights of Columbus, and Wellington Rotary Club.
- Energy and Utilities
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
The top 5 donors to Wetta's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Kimball Insurance Agency Inc $1,000
- 2. Kansas Contractors Assoc $600
- 3. Kansas Medical Society $500
- 4. Shank, Hank, Heather & Scott $500
- 5. McAlister, Tom $500
- Kansas State Legislature: House members.
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Vincent Wetta Biography
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
- Kansas Legislature - Vincent Wetta
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1996,2000, 2006, 2008