From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coal Creek Library in Vinland (ca. 1900), the oldest subscription library in Kansas. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||479519|
It has rolling grassy hills and large maple trees. The topsoil is excellent for a wide variety of crops, including corn, wheat, milo, and alfalfa. Many dairy farms are also in the area.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Volume 2. Standard Publishing Company. p. 849.
- Carpenter, Tim (November 28, 1997). "What's in a name? Key elements of area history". Lawrence Journal-World. pp. 3B. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Guide to the Vinland Grange and Fair Collection". The University of Kansas Libraries. Retrieved 29 April 2015.