Rottino with the New York Mets
April 7, 1980 |
|September 1, 2006 for the Milwaukee Brewers|
(through 2012 season)
|Runs batted in||11|
Vincent Antonio Rottino (born April 7, 1980) is an Italian–American professional baseball utility player who is currently a free agent. He has played positions including catcher, first base, third base, and the outfield.
Rottino originally signed with the Milwaukee Brewers as an undrafted free agent on February 3, 2003. In his fourth year with the Brewers organization, he made his major league debut as a September call up in 2006. He played in nine games and batted .214.
Rottino began the 2007 season in Triple-A with the Nashville Sounds. He spent nearly the entire season there before being recalled by Milwaukee on September 1. On September 29, 2007, Rottino hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 11th inning to beat the San Diego Padres 4–3 and clinch the first winning season for the Brewers since 1992.
Los Angeles Dodgers
He signed a minor league contract with the Florida Marlins in 2010 and made his first appearance in the Majors since 2008.
New York Mets
On May 26, 2012, Rottino hit his first career home run against the Padres' Clayton Richard. He hit another home run on May 28, 2012, against the Philadelphia Phillies.
On June 25, 2012, Rottino was designated for assignment to make room on the Mets' roster for Justin Hampson.
On June 27, 2012, the Cleveland Indians claimed him off outright waivers. The Indians designated Chris Schwinden to make room on the 40-man roster. On August 1, Rottino was recalled by the Indians when Travis Hafner was placed on paternity leave. He was hitting .299 with four HRs and 32 RBIs with the Triple-A Columbus Clippers. Rottino was outrighted to the minor leagues on Oct. 31, 2012, and subsequently elected free agency.
- "Vinny Rottinoe". Thebaseballcube.com. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Baseball-Reference.com. "Vinny Rottino Statistics and History". Sports Reference. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- "Vinny Rottino Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Tom Haudricourt. "Brewers trade for King, call up Rivera". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Retrieved August 19, 2009.[dead link]
- "September 29, 2007 San Diego Padres at Milwaukee Brewers Box Score and Play by Play". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- Adam McCalvy (August 22, 2008). "Brewers ponder September callups". Mlb.com (Major League Baseball Advanced Media). Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Lisa Winston (February 27, 2009). "Batting Around with Vinny Rottino". Mlb.com (Major League Baseball Advanced Media). Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- "Dodgers trade RHP Claudio Vargas to Brewers". Cbs58.com. Associated Press. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Rubin, Adam. "Rottino, Pascucci on board with Mets". Espn.com (ESPN Internet Ventures). Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Indians claim INF/OF Vinny Rottino off outright waivers from the New York Mets". Mlb.com (Major League Baseball Advanced Media). Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)