Vinography main page as of October 22, 2007
|Type of site||Blog|
|Created by||Alder Yarrow|
|Launched||January 15th 2004|
|Alexa rank||232,063 (April 2014[update])|
Vinography is a wine blog dedicated to wine reviews, restaurant reviews, news, and commentary about the world of wine. It was started by Alder Yarrow in January 2004, and has been described by The Independent as an interesting source of wine related info from the San Francisco Bay area. It receives some of the highest web traffic of any wine blog. The blog has been noted by Food & Wine Magazine and The Wall Street Journal  for its popularity and comprehensiveness.
The blog's author and founder, Alder Yarrow, a graduate of Stanford University, runs an interactive design and strategy consulting firm in San Francisco and also serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of Sommelier Journal and as a nominating member for the Vintners Hall of Fame.
The name is a portmanteau of vino, the Latin root meaning "wine", and the Greek word graphein, meaning "write".
- 2013 James Beard Awards, nominated for "Best Individual Food Blog"
- 2012 Wine Blog Awards "Best Writing on a Wine Blog"
- 2011 American Wine Blog Awards "Best Writing on a Wine Blog"
- 2011 Saveur Blog Awards "Best Wine/Beer Blog"
- 2009 American Wine Blog Awards "Best Overall Wine Blog"
- 2009 American Wine Blog Awards "Best Wine Writing on a Blog"
- 2008 American Wine Blog Awards "Best Overall Wine Blog"
- 2008 American Wine Blog Awards "Best Wine Writing on a Blog"
- 2007 Salon des Vins de Loire International Wine Blog Awards "Best International Wine Blog"
- 2007 American Wine Blog Awards "Best Wine Reviews"
- 2006 Food Blogging Awards "Best Blog Covering Wine, Beer, or Spirits"
- 2005 Food Blogging Awards "Best Blog Covering Wine, Beer, or Spirits"
- 2004 Food Blogging Awards "Best Blog Covering Wine, Beer, or Spirits"
- "Vinography.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Santa Barbara Independent, The Web's Gift To Wine Lovers: The Best Wine Blogs in Cyberspace, 08/16/07
- The Independent, My Round: A Final Toast to the World's Best Wine Blogs, 08/29/06
- Fast Company Magazine, The Best Blogs: Off the Vine, Now Online, May 2006
- Food & Wine Magazine, Seven Best Wine Blogs, October 2005
- "The Wall Street Journal", Five Wine Blogs I Really Click With, March 29, 2013