Vintage TV (TV channel)
|Launched||1 September 2010|
|Owned by||Vintage Entertainment Limited|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||~0.0% (November 2012, BARB)|
|Slogan||Soundtrack to the 20th Century|
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom, Ireland|
|Eutelsat 28A||11261 H 27500 2/3|
|Virgin Media||Channel 343|
|www.vintage.tv|| (UK only)|
Vintage TV broadcasts a selection of music-related programming including music videos and concerts from an array of popular music artists primarily dating from the 1940s to 1990s. About 40% of its programming is original, including entertainment series and more than 500 specially created music videos featuring archive footage from the BBC, ITN, and Getty Images. Following a public vote from a list of 50 possible tracks, the first music video played on the channel was The Beach Boys' 'Good Vibrations'.
In April 2011, Vintage TV appointed 3Vision on a multi-year contract to help negotiate carriage deals for Vintage TV in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as well as assist in the channel's aim of serving as many markets as possible by the end of 2012.
In July 2011, Vintage TV won the Freesat Award for Best Themed Channel. In April 2012, Vintage TV was shortlisted for two Freesat awards, Best Niche TV Channel and Breakout Channel of the Year, by Freesat's panel of media industry judges.
In April 2013, Vintage TV launched on Virgin Media under number 343.
- "Vintage TV unveils debut lineup". Digital Spy. 16 August 2010.
- "Vintage TV Set For Freesat Launch". Join Freesat. 28 June 2010.
- "Vintage TV to support music charity". Digital Spy. 24 August 2010.
- "Vintage TV eyes worldwide distribution". Digital Spy. 6 April 2011.
- "ITV big winner at Freesat Awards 2011". Pocket-lint. 13 July 2011.
- "Shortlist announced for Freesat Awards 2012". Freesat. 16 April 2011.
- Link to Vintage TV Watch Now