Vinton County High School
|Vinton County High School|
|63910 US Highway 50
McArthur, Ohio, (Vinton County), 45651
|School type||Public school (government funded), high school|
|School district||Vinton County Local Schools|
|NCES District ID||3905039|
|NCES School ID||390503903933|
|Faculty||43.00 (on an FTE basis) |
|Enrollment||667  (2010-2011 school year)|
|Grade 9||192 |
|Grade 10||176 |
|Grade 11||146 |
|Grade 12||153 |
|Student to teacher ratio||15.51 |
|Color(s)||Maroon & White |
|Athletics conference||Tri-Valley Conference|
|Feeder schools||Vinton County Middle School|
|Athletic Director||Teresa Disbennet|
Notable alumni and faculty
- Pete Abele, politician and judge
- Dick Bates, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Thomas S. Crow, Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
- Joshua L. Kirkpatrick, Coach of the Year, Citizen, Voter
The Vikings belong to the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and the Tri-Valley Conference, a 16-member athletic conference located in southeastern Ohio. The conference is divided into two divisions based on school size. The Ohio Division features the larger schools and the Hocking Division features the smaller schools.
TVC OHIO Division
- Albany Alexander Spartans
- The Plains Athens Bulldogs
- Pomeroy Meigs Marauders
- Nelsonville-York Buckeyes
- Bidwell River Valley Raiders (River Valley will join the TVC OHIO in Fall 2014)
- McArthur Vinton County Vikings
- Wellston Golden Rockets
TVC HOCKING Division
- Belpre Golden Eagles
- Reedsville Eastern Eagles
- Stewart Federal Hocking Lancers
- Corning Miller Falcons
- Crown City South Gallia Rebels
- Racine Southern Tornadoes
- Glouster Trimble Tomcats
- Mason, WV Wahama White Falcons
- Waterford Wildcats
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Vinton County Local". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Staff Directory". Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Vinton County High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Principal's message". Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.