Vinukonda-Nandyal Railway Section along Nallamala Hills
|Elevation||95 m (312 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTCgmt+5:30)|
Vinukonda is a town in Guntur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of the 12 municipalities in the district. The town is the headquarters of Vinukonda mandal and administered under Narasaraopet revenue division.
Vinukonda is located at  It has an average elevation of 75 metres (246 feet). Much like the rest of Guntur district, it has very hot summers and mild winters. Rainfall is mostly in the months of July to September. High concentrations of fluorides are found in the underground water reserves and potable water is therefore rare. The STD code of the town is +91 8646 and PIN Code is 522647..
Dolmens and other megalithic structures have been found in the town's neighbourhood. Inscriptions from about 1000–1400 CE are also to be found in many old temples. The Vishnukundina, a local dynasty, ruled the adjoining areas from here during the turn of the millennium. During the medieval era, the hill nearby was the site of a fortress. A four hundred year old Jamia Masjid, built in 1640, is the only major relic of Muslim rule in the town.
Vinukonda is the major road junction in Guntur District. The town is about 98 km from the state capital of Amaravati. Located on the Guntur – Kurnool – Bellary Highway, it has regular bus services from Hyderabad, Tirupathi, Kadapa, Kurnool, Narasaraopet, bangalore, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, Bellary, Sindhanur, Davanagere, Srisailam and Karnataka Areas. Infact, all the bus services from the eastern part of Andhra Pradesh must pass through vinukonda to reach Srisailam
The nearest airport is 130 km away in Vijayawada.
- Jagarlamudi Krish, a film director in Telugu film industry, Tollywood
- Gurram_Jashuva, a famous Telugu poet recognized by Government of India
- Gonuguntla Venkata Seeta Rama Anjaneyulu, Current MLA of Vinukonda Constituency
- "Elevation for Vinukonda". Veloroutes. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Mandal wise villages" (PDF). Revenue Department - AP Land. National Informatics Center. p. 12. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- "Urban Local Bodies". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration - Government of Andhra Pradesh. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Guntur District – At a Glance" (PDF). Official Website of Guntur District. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Vinukonda
- W. Francis (1989). Gazetteer of South India. Mittal Publications. pp. 328–. GGKEY:4Y158YFPNGZ. Retrieved 19 June 2012.