Violence in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict 2006
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Violence in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict 2006)
- January summary: 13 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories
- January 19: 20 injured in bombing at fast-food restaurant in Tel Aviv
- February summary: 29 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories; 1 Israeli killed by Palestinian man.
- February 5: 1 killed, 5 injured in stabbing attack on taxi bus en route to Tel Aviv.
- March summary: 15 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories; 1 Palestinian kills himself in Occupied Territories; 5 Israelis killed by Palestinians in Occupied Territories; 2 Israelis killed in Israel by Palestinian security forces (rocket).
- March 1: 1 killed in shooting attack at gas station near Migdalim, West Bank.
- March 28: 2 killed (incl. 1 child) in explosion of Qassam rocket found in western Negev area.
- March 30: 4 killed (incl. 1 child) by suicide bomber posing as Jewish hitchhiker, in Kedumim in Occupied Territories.
- April summary: 31 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories; 1 Palestinian kills himself in Israel; 6 Israeli civilians killed by Palestinians in Israel; 10 others killed by a Palestinian in Israel.
- April 17: 11 killed (including 2 Romanians, 1 French citizen, 1 US citizen and 1 dual Israeli-French citizen), over 60 injured by suicide bomber outside a fast-food restaurant in Tel Aviv after being prevented by a security guard from entering.
- May summary: 36 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories
- June summary: 41 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories; 2 Palestinians detained by Israelis in Occupied Territories and taken to Israel; 1 Israeli detained by Palestinians in Israel and taken to Gaza; 64 members of the Palestinian Legislative Council detained by Israeli forces and held in Israel as of October 24, 2006.
- June 9: an explosion on a Gaza beach, of disputed origin, kills 8 Palestinians.
- June 24, 03:30-04:30 local time, near Rafah: Ali Muamar is beaten by Israeli soldiers, his sons Osama and Mustafa Muamar are detained and taken to an undisclosed location in Israel, and Ali Muamar is treated in hospital.
- June 25: Palestinian militants infiltrate Israel through a secret tunnel and start a gunbattle at a military checkpoint - 2 Israeli soldiers and 3 militants are killed and an Israeli soldier is reported as missing and is later found out to have been captured by the militants.
- June 28: Israel starts a military operation in the Gaza strip, deploying a large number of tanks, APCs and troops in order to rescue the soldier captured in the attack three days before that.
- June 29: Israeli troops detain one third of the Palestinian government and altogether 64 members of the Palestinian Legislative Council who are Hamas members.
- July summary: 177 Palestinians killed by Israel security forces (1–15 July: 97 in the Occupied Territories);
- July 16: Three Palestinian militants are killed in an Israeli airstrike, soon after Israeli forces re-entered the Gaza Strip.
- August 10: An Italian tourist is stabbed to death by a Palestinian affiliated with Palestinian Islamic Jihad in the Old City of Jerusalem 
- August 19: An Israeli citizen is shot and killed by a Palestinian in Bkaot in the Bikaa region in Israel.
- Casualties of War
- Palestinian terrorism since September 2000 (from Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- List of victims (from Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Fatalities From B'Tselem
- "Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces in the Occupied Territories". B'Tselem. Retrieved 2006-08-05.
- "Palestinian kills mother of three in Petah Tikva". The Jerusalem Post. 2006-02-06.
- "Kedumim deaths may have prevented greater tragedy". The Jerusalem Post. 2006-03-30.
- "Father of two killed in Samaria shooting". The Jerusalem Post. 2006-03-02.
- "A final kiss good-bye". The Jerusalem Post. 2006-04-20.
- "Israeli civilians killed by Palestinians in Israel". B'Tselem. Retrieved 2006-08-06.
- "Rafah zoo levelled in Israel raid". ~~~~. May 25, 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- McGreal, Chris (May 22, 2004). "The day the tanks arrived at Rafah zoo". London: ~~~~. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Israel seizes Hamas legislators". BBC. 29 June 2006. Retrieved 2006-08-05.
- "Hamas militants vow to end truce". BBC News. 2006-06-10.
- Palestine News Network (5 August 2006). "Palestinian Ministry of Health: Israeli forces kill 177 & injure 1,010 Palestinians in July". International Middle East Media Center. Retrieved 2006-08-06.
- "Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire". Al Bawaba. 2006-07-16.
- הותר לפרסם: נעצר רוצח התייר בעיר העתיקה
- חדשות nrg - חייל צה"ל נהרג בפיגוע ירי בבקעה