|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from virbac.com, possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. Please remedy this by editing this article to remove any non-free copyrighted content and attributing free content correctly, or flagging the content for deletion. Please be sure that the source of the copyright violation is not itself a Wikipedia mirror. (October 2013)|
|Traded as||Euronext: VIRP|
|Industry||Animal Health Care|
|Founders||Veterinary physician Pierre-Richard Dick|
|Number of locations||30 sales subsidiaries outside France|
|Area served||More than 100 countries|
|Products||Antibiotics, vaccines, dermatology, antiparasitics, dental hygiene...|
|Revenue||736 M€ (2013)|
Founded in 1968 by a French veterinarian, Virbac is exclusively dedicated to animal health. Present in more than 100 countries, the company offers a range of products and services intended for veterinarians, farmers and animal owners. The Group is present in all continents via 30 subsidiaries outside France and more than 4,350 employees.
- Canigen: vaccine against canine distemper, parvovirus and canine parinfluenza
- Cyclio: flea paraciticide
- Fortiflex: nutritional complement used for mobility disabilities
- Vitaminthe: canine wormer
- CaniLeish: vaccine against Leishmania
- Feligen: vaccine against feline coryza, typhus and rabies
- Leucogen: first antiretrovirus vaccine to be produced by genetic engineering; this is the flagship product of Virbac’s biological range.
- Equimax: Equimax gel or Equimax Tabs is the first broad-spectrum wormer effective in the treatment of major internal equine parasites in a single dose. Born from an original combination of two molecules, it allows better control of equine parasites.
- Virbamec pour-on : parasiticide for cattle.
- Suramox Premix/Stabox: first stabilized antibiotic against respiratory diseases in pigs.
- BackHome: electronica identification chip
- Preventic: tick collar
- Rilexine: antibiotic used in skin diseases
- Virbagen Omega: first veterinary interferon. Interferons used in human medicine to fight viral infections, cancers and immunological deficiencies were lacking specificity and were therefore useless in veterinarian applications. Virbagen Omega is an interferon which heals major viral infections such as canine parvovirus or feline retroviruses.
|This French corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|