From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Virgil and Vergil are the most common modern English names used for the Roman poet Publius Vergilius Maro (70 BC–19 BC).
Virgil, Vergil, Virgilius, or Vergilius may also refer to:
- Virgil (name), a list of actual people named Virgil
Fictional characters 
- Virgil (often spelled Vergil), Dante the pilgrim's guide in the Inferno and part of the Purgatorio
- Virgil, an AI character from TV Series Crash Zone.
- Vergil (Devil May Cry), a Devil May Cry character named after the Roman poet
- Virgil (Planet of the Apes), a genius orangutan character, from Battle for the Planet of the Apes
- Virgil (Xena), a fictional character from the popular TV series Xena: Warrior Princess, portrayed by William Gregory Lee
- Virgil Sollozzo, the traitorous Tattaglia caporegime from Mario Puzo's The Godfather, and the subsequent film adaptation
- Virgil Tracy, the pilot of Thunderbird 2 in the TV series Thunderbirds (named after Virgil "Gus" Grissom)
- Virgil, a character from the film True Romance, played by James Gandolfini
- Virgil Hawkins, teenage alter ego of the superhero Static Shock
- Virgil Tibbs, a character from the novel, film, and TV series In the Heat of the Night; portrayed by Sidney Poitier in the film and by Howard Rollins in the TV series
- Virgil, a non-player character in Left 4 Dead 2.
- Vergil, an AI character in Halo 3: ODST.
- Virgil, a playable character in Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
- Virgil Caine, the protagonist in the song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band. Robbie Robertson wrote the song, with help from Levon Helm.
- Virgil (film), a 2005 movie directed by Mabrouk El Mechri
- Virgil, Illinois
- Virgil, Kansas
- Virgil, New York
- Virgil, South Dakota
- Virgil, Roane County, West Virginia
- Virgil Middle School
- Virgil, Ontario, Canada
- Sanctus Virgilius, a student society
- Virgil C. Summer Nuclear Generating Station, an American nuclear power station
- Mike Jones (wrestler), American professional wrestler's stage name
- Virgil (horse), American thoroughbred
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.