Virgil Township is one of sixteen townships in Kane County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 1,947 with 727 housing units. The land is primarily used for agriculture.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Virgil Township covers an area of 35.04 square miles (90.8 km2); of this, 35.03 square miles (90.7 km2) (99.98 percent) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (0.02 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages 
Extinct settlements 
The township contains these two cemeteries: Saints Peter and Paul's Catholic Cemetery and Thatcher Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips 
- Aeroview Airport
- Miller/Maple Park Farm Airport
School districts 
- Central Community Unit School District 301
- Kaneland Community Unit School District 302
- Sycamore Community Unit School District 427
Political districts 
- ^ United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
External links