|Industry||Online gaming services|
|Founded||Toronto, Canada (June 2010 )|
World Gaming, formerly Virgin Gaming was formed during June 2010 in Toronto. World Gaming was founded by Billy Levy, Zack Zeldin and Ryan Tenbusch on January 1, 2006. Virgin Gaming is a fee-based online service who has partnered with Xbox and Playstation targeting the 116 million users of those consoles to not only play head to head or in leagues with other gamers all over the world but also to place wagers on those games. Virgin Gaming takes a 12% cut of any money users wager on what are deemed partnering games unless users opt to pay for a subscription of $5 a month.
- "Virgin Gaming and NOS Energy Drink Announce Strategic Partnership [Press release].". Virgin Gaming & NOS Energy Drink. February 8, 2012.
- "Virgin Gaming expanding to P.E.I.". The Guardian. December 1, 2012.
- Levy, B. (June 4, 2012). "Big news from E3 [Press release].". Virgin Gaming.
- "Rob Segal". Business Week. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- Whitten, M. (June 4, 2012). "A Letter From Marc Whitten: E3 2012".
- Johnson, E. (October 22, 2013). "E-Sports Network Virgin Gaming Starts Pushing Subscriptions Over Fees.". All Things D.
- "Play video games. Win money.". Virgin Gaming.