|Founded||New York, USA (2010 )|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
Virgin Hotels is a brand of hotels created by Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, launched in 2010. The current Virgin Hotels company, based in New York, United States, is currently seeking hotel opportunities and is preparing its first hotels.
In October 2011 Virgin Hotels bought the 27-story Old Dearborn Bank Building in the Loop area of Chicago for $14.8 million from Urban Street Group LLC. As of 2014[update] the Chicago hotel is being redeveloped with the John Buck Company with the aim of opening it later that year.
Further hotels are being planned in New York and Nashville. The 300 room New York site is due to open in 2016 and will be located on the corner of 29th Street and Broadway. The 240 room Nashville property is to be located at One Music Row and is also due to open in 2016.
- "Virgin Hotels in deal with John Buck Co. to enter Chicago market". Chicago Real Estate Daily. 2011-10-24. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- "Virgin Hotels buys Old Dearborn Bank Building in East Loop". Chicago Tribune. 2011-10-24. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "In brief: Franklin Center - 22 W. Washington - Virgin Hotels". Chicago Real Estate Daily. 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- Karmin, Craig (April 21, 2014). "Richard Branson Slow to Get Virgin Hotels Off the Ground". The Wall Street Journal. pp. B1–B2.
- "Virgin Hotels - coming to Nashville". Virgin Group. 20 April 2014. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Virgin Hotel to open in New York in 2016". USA Today. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "About Us". Virgin Limited Edition. Retrieved 2013-05-12.