|| United States
Virginia "Ginny" Baxter (born 1932) was an American figure skater from Detroit. She won the bronze medal at the United States Figure Skating Championships three times and captured the bronze at the 1952 World Figure Skating Championships (competition held March 1). Perhaps the high point of her career was the 1952 Winter Olympics, where she won the free skating portion of the event, placing 5th overall after an 8th place in the compulsory figures.
After her competitive career, she was part of Ice Capades' 1953 show called Land of Lollipops.
- ^ Queens of the Silver Blade, The Globe & Mail. Saturday, March 12, 1949.
- ^ World Skating Crown to Jacqueline Du Bief; Suzanne Morrow 4th, The Globe & Mail. Saturday, March 3, 1952.
- ^ "The Olympics: 1948 and 1952", Skating magazine, February 1960
- ^ "Historical Photo Galleries". Harlick Skating Boots. Retrieved 2006-09-18.
- ^ "Figure Skating - Women". Herman De Wael. Retrieved 2006-09-18.
- ^ "WORLD FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS 1947-1949". E-Skate Fans. Archived from the original on 2007-02-09. Retrieved 2006-09-18.