Virginia Law Review
|Virginia Law Review|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Va. Law Rev.|
|Edited by||Sarah Buckley (2013-2014)|
The Virginia Law Review Association (United States)
The Virginia Law Review is a law review edited and published by students at University of Virginia School of Law. It was established on March 15, 1913, and permanently organized later that year. The stated objective of the Virginia Law Review is "to publish a professional periodical devoted to law-related issues that can be of use to judges, practitioners, teachers, legislators, students, and others interested in the law." In addition to articles, the journal regularly publishes scholarly essays and student notes. An online supplement, In Brief, has been in publication since 2007. The current editor-in-chief is Sarah Buckley (2013-2014).
The following articles published in the Virginia Law Review are among "The Most-Cited Law Review Articles of All Time":
- Wilkinson, J. Harvie (2009). "Of Guns, Abortions, and the Unraveling Rule of Law". Virginia Law Review 95 (2): 253–323.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. (2007). "The Myth of the Shareholder Franchise". Virginia Law Review 93 (2): 675–732.
- Sunstein, Cass R. (2006). "Chevron Step Zero". Virginia Law Review 92 (2): 187–249.
- Burk, Dan L.; Lemley, Mark A. (2003). "Policy Levers in Patent Law". Virginia Law Review 89 (7): 1575–1696. doi:10.2307/3202360.
- Blair, Margaret M.; Stout, Lynn A. (1999). "A Team Production Theory of Corporate Law". Virginia Law Review 85 (2): 247–328. doi:10.2307/1073662.
- Kahan, Dan (1997). "Social Influence, Social Meaning, and Deterrence". Virginia Law Review 83 (2): 349–395. doi:10.2307/1073780.
- Thompson, William; Ford, Simon (1989). "DNA Typing: Acceptance and Weight of the New Genetic Identification Tests". Virginia Law Review 75 (3): 45– 108. doi:10.2307/1073218. JSTOR 1073218.
- Bartlett, Katharine T. (1984). "Rethinking Parenthood as an Exclusive Status: The Need for Legal Alternatives When the Premise of the Nuclear Family Has Failed". Virginia Law Review 70 (5): 879–963. doi:10.2307/1072945.
- Gilson, Ronald J.; Kraakman, Reinier H. (1984). "The Mechanisms of Market Efficiency". Virginia Law Review 70 (4): 549–644. doi:10.2307/1073080.
- Summers, Clyde W. (1976). "Individual Protection Against Unjust Dismissal: Time for a Statute". Virginia Law Review 62 (3): 481–532. doi:10.2307/1072376.