Virginia State Route 193
|Maintained by VDOT|
|Length:||11.79 mi (18.97 km)|
|West end:||SR 7 in Dranesville|
|I‑495 in McLean|
|East end:||SR 123 / SR 688 in Langley|
Georgetown Pike in snow, 2010
|Location||From DC/VA boundary at Chain Bridge to the junction with Leesburg Pike at Seneca Rd., near McLean, Virginia|
|NRHP Reference #||12000537|
|Added to NRHP||August 22, 2012|
|Designated VLR||June 21, 2012|
Virginia State Route 193 (SR 193) is a primary state highway in the U.S. state of Virginia. Known as Georgetown Pike, the state highway runs 11.79 mi (18.97 km) from SR 7 in Dranesville east to SR 123 in Langley. SR 193 passes through Great Falls and meets Interstate 495 (I-495) in McLean. The state highway was designated the first Virginia Byway for its scenic value in 1974.
SR 193 begins at an intersection with SR 7 (Leesburg Pike) in Dranesville. The state highway heads east as a two-lane road and passes between many of the affluent residential subdivisions of Great Falls. After passing through the village center of Great Falls at Walker Road, SR 193 turns east-southeast and follows the edge of Great Falls Park. The state highway features many sharp curves as it drops into the stream valley of Difficult Run. SR 193 passes through several curves as the highway skirts residential subdivisions, passes the Madeira School, and crosses Bullneck Run and Scott Run. The state highway temporarily expands to a four-lane divided highway around its interchange with I-495 (Capital Beltway) in McLean. After passing Langley High School and Chain Bridge Road, the old alignment of SR 123, SR 193 reaches its eastern terminus at SR 123 (Dolley Madison Boulevard).
The entire route is in Fairfax County.
|Dranesville||0.00||0.00||SR 7 (Leesburg Pike) – Leesburg, Tysons Corner|
|McLean||9.28||14.93||I‑495 (Capital Beltway) – Richmond, Rockville, MD||Exit 44 (I-495)|
|11.79||18.97||SR 123 (Dolley Madison Boulevard) / SR 688 south (Potomac School Road) – Tysons Corner, Washington|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Daily Traffic Volume Estimates Jurisdiction Report: Fairfax County" (PDF). Virginia Department of Transportation. 2008. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 8/20/12 through 8/24/12. National Park Service. 2012-08-31.
- "Virginia Landmarks Register". Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Designated Interstate and Primary Route Numbers, Named Highways, Named Bridges, and Designated Virginia Byways" (PDF). Virginia Department of Transportation. 2003-07-01. p. 103. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- Google Inc. "Virginia State Route 193". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=VA-193+E%2FGeorgetown+Pike&daddr=Georgetown+Pike+to:Potomac+School+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FX0aUwIdZ85j-w%3BFSQPUwIdG7Bk-w%3BFXY7UgIdrMJm-w&mra=ls&sll=38.993639,-77.27603&sspn=0.030486,0.077162&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12. Retrieved 2010-06-11.