|Key people||Mark Davis, CEO, Alex Miroshnichenko, CTO, Serge Pashenkov, VP of Engineering|
|Products||Virsto VSI, Virsto VDI|
Virsto develops a VM-centric storage hypervisor. The company is privately funded and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. On February 11, 2013, VMware announced that it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire Virsto.
Virsto was founded in 2007 by Mark Davis, Alex Miroshnichenko and Serge Pashenkov. In 2009, the company announced a $7 million series A funding round. In 2011, the company announced a $17 million series B funding round.
1. CRN, June 21, 2010 2010 Storage Superstars: 25 You Need To Know
2. Virtual Strategy Magazine (podcast), February 16th 2010 Optimizing Storage Management
3. Dan Kusnetzky, ZDNet, April 21, 2011 Virtual Storage for Virtual Environments
4. George Crump, Storage Switzerland, April 22, 2011 Bridging the VDI Storage ROI Gap
5. Mike Vizard, CTOEdge, September 17, 2010 Virtualization Makes Managing Storage Harder
6. Mark Cox, eChannelLine, December 1, 2010 VDI coalition formed to establish best practices
7. Jacob Nthoiwa, ITWeb, September 28, 2010 Virtualisation Top of SME IT Spend
8. Mike Vizard, IT Business Edge, October 13, 2011 Storage Provisioning Seeking Parity in Virtual Environments
9. Kenneth Corbin, ServerWatch, October 19, 2011 Virsto Angling for Storage Efficiencies in Server Desktop Virtual Environments
10. Cloud Computing Journal, November 17, 2011 Storage Can Be the Key to Aggressively Priced Cloud Offerings
11. eChannelLine, April 18, 2012 Virsto Ships Virsto2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-v
12: Virtual-Strategy Magazine, April 6, 2012 Infographic: What's it Going to Take for VDI to Take Off?
13. InformationWeek, May 9, 2012 Virsto Storage Hypervisor Now Supports Citrix XenDesktop
14. Silicon Angle, May 9, 2012 Exploring the Storage Hypervisor
15. SearchVirtualStorage, May 11, 2012 Virsto Software Adds Support for XenDesktop in VDI Environments
16. All Things Digital, November 21, 2012 The Storage Games
17. Silicon Angle, November 27, 2012 Software-Defined Storage is the Missing Link in the Software-Defined Data Center
18. Enterprise Systems Journal, December 3, 2012 Virsto for vSphere 2.0 Delivers Software-Defined Storage to the Data Center
19. ZDnet, January 18, 2013 Is Storage Virtualization the Missing Link in vSphere Environments?