|Slogan||Business simulation Virtonomics - fun, education, self-improvement|
|Available language(s)||English Ukrainian Spanish French German Russian Chinese|
|Owner||Gamerflot Trading LTD|
|Created by||Virtonomics Team|
|Launched||May 30, 2009|
|Alexa rank||140,238 (March 2014[update])|
Virtonomics is a browser-based online economic game and business simulation. For last 2 years, is used not only as a game, but as a platform for education and business training. At the beginning of 2014 in the game were more than one million members. According to statistics, about 40% of users - fans of strategy games and intellectual entertainments. 60% of users use this business simulation for training and for the development of their own business. Virtonomics today is used for learning the basics of management, development of entrepreneurial skills in business school students, aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups. The game is quite complex and contains a lot of reference material. Requires some effort from the user wants to understand all the possibilities and intricacies of the game. But having become acquainted with the detailed reference material, the game can take part people who do not have deep knowledge of economics and specialized training, but want to get them.
The game resembles the game Capitalism 2 (designed by Trevor Chan). Typically, the main goal of the game is to build a successful business, survival and victory in the competition. To do this, you can engage in trade, manufacturing, scientific research, exploitation of natural resources, agriculture, trade on the foreign exchange market, manage personnel, finance, marketing, logistics and other business processes. Also available to the player extensive policy instruments. The player is given the opportunity to start his own company to develop it, competing with thousands of real opponents, winning new markets, providing financial and political power of the corporation. The game is played with virtual money, starting amount that each participant receives at registration. These funds are used for construction companies, the payment of expenses and investments. Selling products to other players and "population", the player earns money that can be used for the development of their company. There are over 25 branches of the economy, about 130 types of goods, a list of which is gradually expanding . Opening up new country, new industries, new products are added and types of production.
1. The game has no linear plot, script and goals. Virtonomics is a kind of matrix emulates the basic principles, procedures, processes and mechanisms of functioning of any business and the competitive environment . Players set their own goals in the game, themselves define objectives, strategy and tactics of the development of the virtual business. Player's behavior and the scale of its ambitions in the game is determined solely by its motives, objectives, temperament.
2. Virtonomics - multiplayer business simulation. As a rule, in most business simulations, the player interacts with computer-controlled within a certain storyline, competing with the mathematical apparatus of the game and solving problems formulated most simulation. In Virtonomics gameplay organized differently. The vast number of interactions and transactions player commits no computer model, and with other players in most business process simulation much closer to real life. This imposes requirements on the development of communicative qualities of the player and the ability to analyze and predict the behavior of the "crowd".
3. The game is perpetual has no such thing as "The End ." The player itself defines its objectives and strategy in the game, the goals have the ability to evolve, so the game is for the player ends only when he wants it, when his case is resolved .
4. Turn-based game, counting game situation occurs 1 time per day . From a regular player for the game requires 15 to 60 minutes a day. In January 2014 the developers announced the early release of the game server with quick hourly recalculation designed specifically for short- term business-trainings. The main users of the "fast" realm will become a business school, consulting companies and organizers of business training.
5. Virtonomics is not a finished product. According to the developers, it will never be a finished product . Sense of approval is that the game must constantly evolve and be refined in accordance with the requests of the users, both in terms of quality and in terms of available game opportunities. For example, in 2013, appeared in Virtonomics a functional unit associated with the policy - the players an opportunity to form a political party to participate in elections at different levels of the power vertical
The prototype of Virtonomics was established in 2004, running as a non-commercial project for a few years. 11 December 2006 brought the release of the updated game to the Russian-speaking audience. The game was recognized in Russia as the best economic online game a year later. The game has entered the global market in 2009, offers free and paid options of play and was translated to several other languages. Several universities and business schools uses the game business simulation Virtonomics as a training tool.
Virtonomics is the main and the only project of the developer (GamerFlot Trading Ltd.).
At the end of 2013 in Virtonomics registered more than 1,000,000 users. The approximate distribution of the audience - 30% made up of English-speaking users, 15% of Spanish-speaking users, 40% of Russian-speaking users, and 15% each of German, French, and Chinese users.
- "Virtonomics.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "Economic online game "Virtonomica" was named best play of 2007 (RU)". Internet.ru. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "VIRTONOMICA - Best browser game! (RU) BusinessPress". Businesspress.ru. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "Imperial College". wwwf.imperial.ac.uk. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- Virtonomics.com - Main web-site
- Virtonomics Tutorial
- Virtonomics in IMAGINE (Increasing Mainstreaming of Games In Learning Policies)
- Virtonomics Online Business Game in Facebook
- Independent Virtonomics Guide
- Official Virtonomics FAQ