Virtual Library museums pages
The Virtual Library museums pages (VLmp) form a leading directory of online museums around the world. The resource was founded by Jonathan Bowen in 1994, originally at the Oxford University Computing Laboratory in the United Kingdom. It is supported by the International Council of Museums (ICOM) and Museophile. The main site moved to London South Bank University and is now hosted as a wiki on Wikia.
The directory is organized in a distributed manner by country with around twenty people in different countries maintaining various sections. Canada, through the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN), was the first country to become involved. The MDA maintained the United Kingdom section of museums, later the Collections Trust.
- Turner, Nancy B. (1999). "Virtual Library Museums Pages". Electronic Resources Review 3 (2) (Emerald Group Publishing). pp. 27–28. ISSN 1364-5137.
- Bowen, Jonathan P. (2002). "Weaving the Museum Web: The Virtual Library museums pages". Program: Electronic Library and Information Systems 36 (4). pp. 236–252.
- Bowen, Jonathan P. (1997). "The Virtual Library museums pages (VLmp): Whence and Whither?". In Bearman, David; Trant, Jennifer. Museums and the Web, 1997: Selected Papers (Archives & Museum Informatics, 5501 Walnut Street, Suite 203, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232-2311, USA). pp. 9–25.
- "Virtual Library museums pages". Archives. International Council of Museums. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "VLmp: The Virtual Library museums pages". ICOM News: Newsletter of the International Council of Museums 52 (1&2). 1999. p. 9.
- Virtual Library museums pages on MuseumsWiki.
- "Museums around the UK on the Web". MDA. Archive.org. 2008. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Museums around the UK on the Web". Collections Trust. Archive.org. 2010. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
|This museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|