From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Virtual terminals)
This article is about a standardized term. For the user interface concept, see virtual console.
- Allows host terminals on a multi-user network to interact with other hosts regardless of terminal type and characteristics,
- Allows remote log-on by local area network managers for the purpose of management,
- Allows users to access information from another host processor for transaction processing,
- Serves as a backup facility.
PuTTY is an example of a virtual terminal.
Virtual Terminals for payment card processing
- This article incorporates public domain material from the General Services Administration document "Federal Standard 1037C".